Sign in with
Your question

Having some issues with my newly assembled pc need help!

Last response: in Systems
May 10, 2011 7:46:22 AM

So, I put together my first pc today, yay! No problems with booting; seems to run pretty smooth cpu idle at 37C m/b idle at 35C m/b. Installing a bunch of apps when.. BOOM! screen freezes up and gets all fuzzy like. Here's what it looks like: Cursor won't move, nothing. I turn the monitor off then back on and i'm back to normal as if nothing happened. This happens like every 5minutes or so, sometimes more frequently. I'm suspecting it has something to do with my monitor?

My specs: AMD Phenom II X2 555BE; AsRock 870 Extreme3 AM3; Corsair Builder Series CX500 500W PSU; G-Skills Ripjaws 4G DDR3 1600; MSi N460GTX Twin Frozr II 768MB; Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus; Vizio 22" LCD VW22LHDTV10T I have no idea what to do at this point, please help.

More about : issues newly assembled

May 10, 2011 8:49:58 AM

Take your graphic card out and put it back in. Make sure the 2x pcie 6pin power cords are securely in the card. You can also try putting your monitor on the other DVI slot to see if that fixes it. Basically that you see on your monitor is your graphics card hating you.

Hmm...I missed the part where you said turning your monitor off fixes it...that doesn't seem right...Generally when my cards would start artifacting nothing would make it work other than a reboot and then that only would work a few times before they officially died. I'd still try to see if you have a connection issue with your card though just to make sure.
m
l
May 10, 2011 9:30:05 AM

thanks for replying. okay, so I got it to work.. I guess. Instead of hooking my rig up to my 22" I used my 32" and I haven't had my visuals flip me the bird yet. So my guess it's my monitor? I've been on justin.tv for more than an hour and I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. I don't want to get rid of my 22" so is there some kind of configuration I can set to prevent that from occurring? Does it have something to do with max res?
m
l
Related resources
May 10, 2011 9:34:25 AM

The resolution shouldn't matter. It isn't getting the video signal for the upper half of the pixels for some reason. You could try to reinstall the drivers for the monitor and see if it was a driver issue. Other than that I don't know :( 
m
l
May 10, 2011 10:06:51 AM

crewton said:
The resolution shouldn't matter. It isn't getting the video signal for the upper half of the pixels for some reason. You could try to reinstall the drivers for the monitor and see if it was a driver issue. Other than that I don't know :( 

Well it isn't only the upper half of the whole screen, it's the whole screen. The photo was taken as it was happening. I've been looking for drivers but I couldn't find anything. Well thanks for the advice, much appreciated :??: 
m
l
May 10, 2011 1:51:06 PM

Sounds like an issue with the cabling and grounding. It could be an internal issue with the 22" monitor, can you try it on another PC?
m
l
!