System Hangs when I am downloading bittorrents

Themoniter61

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
I recently discovered a new problem with my PC: It started hanging randomly. The sound would stutter and the screen would freeze. I would test the keyboard, buttons on the mouse etc but I would get nothing. I would hit the hard reset and hope for the best.

At first I thought it was a heat problem, I have a crappy case and in spite of my best efforts its not the best. I discovered it wasn't a heat problem basically because I play a lot of StarCraft 2 and other games and the system has not frozen up on me ever during a game.

Ok not a heat problem, how about software? I used a million different tools to clean out my registry, checked for spyware and all around ungunk all the crap that builds up on the HD over time. The system got a little better and it stopped hanging as much but its still an issue.

I've been trying to narrow down what programs are running when the system hangs and I narrowed it down to 1: Vuze. The system only hangs when it's running. So I decided to experiment and I unistalled it and started using a program called Tixati for torrents. The problem got a little better, the system hickuped a few times but kept going (IE the sound would stutter and the screen would freeze but then it would unfreeze). Progress, I thought. Now though the system started hanging when I am running Tixati. It seems to me that my system will hang whenever I am downloading Torrents.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a problem like this or have any thoughts on what to do? Would the HD be at fault? I've had the whole computer for about 5 years and done basic maitanance but the all the parts, aside from the RAM were bought when i first built the system, is it time to replace the Drives?

Programs I used:
CC Cleaner
Revo Uninstaller
Registry Cleaner
Panda Anti Virus

System:
Gigabyte S5 MoBo
Amd X2 4200 (AM2)
Nvidia Geforce 7900 GTO
Forget what RAM

Thank you for the help!