Sign in with
Your question

Asus MAXIMUS V GENE 2nd SSD isn't detected?

Tags:
  • Asus
  • SSD
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 24, 2012 3:18:01 AM

Hi guys,

I recently built a kinda new computer which consists of the following:

i7 2600K @ 3.4G(Stock)
Asus Maximus V GENE Z77 Mobo
16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3-1333
120GB OCZ Agility SSD
Nvidia GTS 450

I purchased a 2nd SSD today so I can use it to hold some files that I need from an old IDE HDD that I converted into SATA and after that I was going to use to store important programs.

So to start my problems off, the 2nd SSD isn't being detected in Windows 7 or in BIOs. I'm not too familiar with the new Mobo BIO's but I assume it should just be picked up automatically like my Agility SSD?

2nd problem is that neither of my old IDE converted in SATA HDD's are being detected either.

I'm starting to lean into the fact that I have something disabled in my BIO's or all my hardware is junked?

Any help wil lbe greatly appreciated.

More about : asus maximus gene 2nd ssd detected

June 5, 2012 3:00:58 PM

ifizik said:

2nd problem is that neither of my old IDE converted in SATA HDD's are being detected either.

I'm starting to lean into the fact that I have something disabled in my BIO's or all my hardware is junked?

Any help wil lbe greatly appreciated.

Same problems here. It seems that only the Sata 2 ports are working for me. I reset, updated bios, checked for latest firmware etc to no joy. When I connect a hard drive to the first red Sata III port, the drive is not detected in the bios. However, when I boot into windows, Intel Rapid Storage Technology shows "Internal empty port 0" that usually doesn't show up but no drive detection either.

I've checked my bios settings and still am scratching my head. I believe I'm going to just have to send this board back.
m
l
!