Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

New Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 24, 2012 3:55:32 AM

Hey, for a while I have been wanting to upgrade my CPU + Motherboard and now seems like a good time to do so. I am sure that I want an I5 but not sure if i should get the 2500k, 2550k (SB-e), or wait a little longer for Ivy Bridge ? And I Want pci 3.0 slots, usb 3.0, and sata 6 gbs on the Motherboard. (I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING ASUS ! Toooo many bad experiences with their tech department and RMA) I have $500-600. Many choices but what would be the best option?

More about : motherboard

April 24, 2012 3:28:58 PM

hellfire24 said:
2500k is still the best gaming CPU.it will give you plenty of performance.Asus is no doubt the best motherboard maker but if you don't want asus then gigabyte is your best bet.for $500~,i would suggest this couple-
2500k-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
gigabyte z77x-ud5h-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
anyhing more expensive will give you unnecessary features.


In theory, will that board work with IB if I decide to upgrade in the future ?
Score
0
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 24, 2012 3:49:44 PM

Yes but you will have to update BIOS. my suggestion.... get a Z77 and a Ivy I5. you will have Native PCI Express 3.0
Score
0

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 24, 2012 4:08:46 PM

Agree if you're getting a Z77 mobo and can wait a week, get a i5-3570K. If you can't wait or you find a really, really good deal on a i5-2500K, go ahead and get it. If you get a 2500K now there not a good case for getting IB in the future.
Share
April 24, 2012 5:20:34 PM

J_E_D_70 said:
Agree if you're getting a Z77 mobo and can wait a week, get a i5-3570K. If you can't wait or you find a really, really good deal on a i5-2500K, go ahead and get it. If you get a 2500K now there not a good case for getting IB in the future.

So IB is releasing in a week :o  ? Or did I misunderstand you?
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 24, 2012 5:33:07 PM

That's the story as I know it - 29 Apr.
Score
0
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 24, 2012 11:09:20 PM

Seems to be very dependent on the listener. I'm going to go onboard with the new build and see, then bring my old x-fi over if I don't like it.

That's the cheap route.
Score
0
April 25, 2012 2:38:23 AM

Best answer selected by logox.
Score
0
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
April 25, 2012 11:03:00 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
0
!