Will crysis 2 look like the demo?

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

I asked the question because at present the demo is looking worse than Call of duty modern warfare 2 graphics on advanced

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

so should I expect the same level of performance from the full version as the demo coz my card doesn't support dx11 but dx10

welshmousepk

Distinguished
I don't get where this is coming from. The demo easily blows out any other game Ive played. Probably the best looking game ever. I don't get how people can say it looks bad.

but yeah, the final game will have more customization options, and eventually dx11 support (though not at launch).

but relly, I've played crysis , metro 2033 and arma 2 at their highest settings, and the crysis 2 demo looks better than all of them.

EDIT: I think people are actually confusing the graphical settings. I don't understand how you could have it set to Hardcore, and NOT think its a beautiful game..

MadCatz900

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010

If your card doesnt support dx11 it wont run the game in dx11, im not sure exactly the performance difference between dx9 and dx10 but by looking at some benchmarks you might get something like 0-5 fps less than you do in the demo but nothing major.

MadCatz900

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010

Im not sure why people are saying the game looks bad either, they usually say crysis 1 was graphically better which may be true (Havent played it so cant say really) because crytek did say they had to hold back on graphics this time because of it going to consoles. Still the game looks amazing even on gamer, i cant wait to get my 560gtx and whack it up to hardcore (i hope i get good fps ;p)

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

I play the game on advanced not hardcore but a step below hardcore but honestly I can't see any difference between the 2

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

urm crytek said that they were gonna surpass crysis 1 but honestly the demo looks bad even worse than modern warfare 2.The city feels like mafia 2
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/09/21/pc-version-of-crysis-2-optimized-for-pc-will-surpass-crysis-1-in-every-way-say-crytek/

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
but still I dont understand the point of the game modes.I switched between gamer advanced and hard core and the only difference is the fps hit.I can't notice even a slight difference in visuals.

i think most of us can't answer that yet since the officially game is not coming out yet. but i do hope we have better option regarding in game graphic setting just like the original crysis. if not i'm going to get mad at crytek :fou: . imo pc gamer should be able to tweak the game as they like unlike consoles

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

lol.I face the same problem as you.On advanced the game plays at a smooth 45+ fps while going to hardcore takes my fps to 30-35.Hope they provide better customization although in nvidia's review they specifically stated that unlike the first game crysis 2 will only have 3 modes.Crytek have turned the original crysis into a shitty vall of halo shooter.The nanosuit in the game is very annoying.Whats with that robootic voice.BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NANOSUIT VOICE CRYTEK.

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
The game is the problem not me.At least in warhead and crysis when you turned the settings up from high to very high IT WAS A HUGE DIFFERENCE.In crysis 2 after extreme micro scopic analysis of the game the only differecne I could make out between advanced and hardcore was that hardcore was more blurred and there was less pop in but seriously it takes nearly 15 fps away.On advanced I get a solid 45+frames.Hardcore just 30-35

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

You could probably activate AA in the full game IF it supports dx10.If its only dx 9 and dx 11 then anti aliasing can't be activated as in dx 9 deferred lighting and AA together can't be achieved.But on seeing the demo I have given up hopes of this game.The textures are extremely inconsistent.There are low poly textures everywhere and still the game is farily demanding.Metro 2033 will kick crysis 2's ass in the textures department. and I am sure that even with dx 11 tesselation and DOF crysis 2 will still not look good as crysis on mere high settings.BFBC2 llooked better and performed better on my rig

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Omg do you guys read any news???? .... I guess not b/c if you did a bit of research you wouldn't be here quareling :p

Crytek have said that in the full version you will get all the graphic tweaks as previous versions, they only kept it like this to reduce the demo file size (lol what?!?!)

If you go on Nvidia's webpage and find their 560Ti announcement, you will see that they write "Great card for playing Crysis 2 in DX 11) --> So I think it will be safe to assume the retail ver. will have Dx11.

As for graphics quality, we can't know for certain. I thought the demo looked pretty amazing, however I didn't feel blown away. My only concerns were flat 2D surfaces/textures (i.e. carpeting on the floor/ plywood around the place etc.)

However, that should be solved through by the tesselation offered by Dx11

In short, don't moan about the game until its out... :)

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

May I ask the source of this news that crysis 2 full version will have graphical sliders like crysis?I doubt it if this is true because in their review nvidia specifically stated that Unlike the first crysis crysis 2 will not have advanced settings just 3 preset modes.And since when was tesselation required to make textures realistic.I played metro 2033 on high settings no tesselation and the textures looked ULTRA REALISITIC.Even crysis in dx 9 high has amazing textures.This is my personal opinoun that crysis 2 looks like BFBC2 and battlefield 3 which is releasing this year will destroy it visually

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010

lol.No.I was talking of the advanced settings in crysis where you could tweak object detail shaodws etc the way you wanted.That was a true PC Game.I tweaked the hell out it when it was released and still do.The various awesome TODS out there make crysis very beautiful and fun to play.I play crysis maxed with 2XAA but with object detail and shaodws on high because there isn't much difference between them on very high.Now in crysis 2 I am being forced to use the "advanced"(medium) setting because crytek only gave three presets gamer advanced and hardcore.I can't run the game on hardcore as I get 30-35 fps with some dips to 28.I hate playing on advanced becuase it wastes my gpu power.I get 45 fps minimum and avg 57 on advanced.I want the sliders of crysis back because then I can run the game near max with one or two things on medium

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010

I meant it may only give us, "Low/Med/High" while giving us an advanced setting that lets you change certain settings. Sadly I thought that advanced would allow this in the beta, spending a few minutes to find out that it was a preset setting itself.