Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Build new gaming system and getting money for mine

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • RAM
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
May 10, 2011 11:02:03 PM

Hello,i have a asus p6t intel i core 7 920 with 6 gig oc ram 1600mhz raptor drive and ati 4870 x2 2 gig ram video and i want to sale it and build a amd system can you guys recommend the best setup for amd and how much can i sale mine for

More about : build gaming system money mine

May 10, 2011 11:32:39 PM

welllllllllll
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 12, 2011 5:53:14 PM

You could probably get $800 or so for that system if you aren't in a huge hurry... but honestly, why would you go AMD from an i7 920? You'll pretty much be downgrading. Sandy Bridge is really your only option IMO.
m
0
l
Related resources
May 19, 2011 12:25:09 AM

so the amd phenon 6 is not all that
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 19, 2011 4:29:58 PM

Those hexacores sound super cool, but rarely benefit in real world stuff. It will be slower than your i7 in almost everything. The only real upgrade I'd even think about would be an i7 2600k.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 19, 2011 4:34:10 PM

Depends what Op is using it for tbh, if its just gaming then,
Amd 975BE
intel 2500 (K suffix chip if overclocking)
if he does 'work' on it, the hexcore or 2600 would be better options imo

Moto
m
0
l
May 26, 2011 7:02:39 AM

what about my video card should i get the 5970 or is it 6970
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 26, 2011 4:45:10 PM

If you got the $$$ get the 6970. Best single GPU card from AMD. It is just behing the GTX 580 in speed.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 26, 2011 4:57:44 PM

^Definately, you got the cash, then splash
Moto
m
0
l
May 26, 2011 5:31:18 PM

s281er238 said:
Hello,i have a asus p6t intel i core 7 920 with 6 gig oc ram 1600mhz raptor drive and ati 4870 x2 2 gig ram video and i want to sale it and build a amd system can you guys recommend the best setup for amd and how much can i sale mine for

What games are you planning to play on the new system? Check the games' sites to see how many cores/threads the games will use.

Motopsychojdn said:
Depends what Op is using it for tbh, if its just gaming then,
Amd 975BE
intel 2500 (K suffix chip if overclocking)
if he does 'work' on it, the hexcore or 2600 would be better options imo

Moto

As Moto stated, do you have other applications that might use more than 4 threads/cores effectively?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 26, 2011 7:30:02 PM

Even if your games and programs do use all the cores, a 2500k or 2600k will absolutely destroy an 1100T.

If you are upgrading from a 4870x2, you'll want to either get a new dual-GPU card (I'd go with a GTX 590, but a 6990 or 5970 would be an upgrade too), or else at least a GTX 580. A 6970 would barely be an upgrade at all (unless you bought two).
m
0
l
June 2, 2011 8:44:39 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
^Definately, you got the cash, then splash
Moto

so i should get the 6990 and keep my intel i7 920 with 6 gig ram
asus p6t deluxe setup
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
June 2, 2011 9:00:13 AM

The performance graphs I viewed showed the 4870x2 as comparable with the 5870/6950 in framerates, albeit within it's DirectX limitations....

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-card...

Agree, the i7-920 to an X6 is not an upgrade for a primary gaming system....; the i7-920 at stock clocks already outframes even the X4-980. Best bet would likely be to OC the 920 upward by 1 GHz or so with quality cooling....

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/desktop-cpu-charts-2...

m
0
l
June 2, 2011 9:05:17 AM

mdd1963 said:
The performance graphs I viewed showed the 4870x2 as comparable with the 5870/6950 in framerates, albeit within it's DirectX limitations....

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-card...

Agree, the i7-920 to an X6 is not an upgrade for a primary gaming system....; the i7-920 at stock clocks already outframes even the X4-980. Best bet would likely be to OC the 920 upward by 1 GHz or so with quality cooling....

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/desktop-cpu-charts-2...



how do i do that i have 6 gig of 1600 mhz ram and i haev liquid cooling on the cou but i dont know what number to set the oc setting to any ideas and what about video card i should just stick to my 4870 i cant find a water cooling kit for it
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
June 2, 2011 2:27:08 PM

s281er238 said:
how do i do that i have 6 gig of 1600 mhz ram and i haev liquid cooling on the cou but i dont know what number to set the oc setting to any ideas and what about video card i should just stick to my 4870 i cant find a water cooling kit for it


You will probably want to do some research into OC'ing your 920. (Why do you have liquidcooling on a CPU that's running stock? :heink:  Just for the hell of it? Or is it already OC'd?) The board you have the 920 in will play a big part in how you do the OC. You need to be careful and not just mindlessly do what internet guides tell you to do. OC'ing can be a very good way to ruin your machine. ;) 

If you scroll up you'll see someone else answered the question on what video cards are an upgrade for you with your 4870x2.

m
0
l
!