Sign in with
Your question

Freezing with Asus P8P67 Pro + 8 gb G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Last response: in Systems
May 10, 2011 11:24:46 PM

Hi guys. I just completed a new build yesterday and my system keeps freezing up. I have updated all drivers and BIOS to the latest version. I've set the timings and voltage to the stock values. I've made sure everything is plugged in tight.

I've run memtest with both sticks plugged in which went fine. I just ran prime 95 with one stick in which froze the computer and then tried with just the other stick in which went fine. Could this indicate that one of them is faulty?

When the computer freezes it either just becomes unresponsive or becomes unresponsive + the post speaker starts beeping rapidly.

I have also tried upping the dram voltage by .05 to 1.55 with no luck. Any other suggestions?

My specs are:

Asus P8P67 Pro (rev 3.0) bios version 1502
Intel Core i5 2500k
EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked
8GB G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
Corsair AX750 Gold
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Windows 7 x64
May 10, 2011 11:58:29 PM

hey it is probably your motherboard my pro had problems too. there are lots of reviews saying how it has problems. contact the rma and go get yourself an asrock p67 extreme4. thats what i did and my system is running like a charm now. f.y.i. i think it is only the pro version that is having this many problems. most of asus's products are great
m
l
Related resources
!