Problem with my assembling

asimov

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I have recently realized my interests with computers. And to start with i had started with assembling my own pc, the pc had been assembled and it is more than one month since being assembled. Everything works fine accepts games, which makes me wonder if my pc is stable even though i thought there might be a problem with GPU and had given it back for replacement which i will receive by next week. But still it makes me wonder if my assembling was right or wrong. Below is my configuration: -

Intel i5 2400 - 3.1 ghz processor
Intel DH61WW Motherboard. Specification link: - http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dh61ww/sb/CS-032148.htm
Corsair DDR3 4gb Single channel Ram 1600 MHZ (even though my motherboard runs the ram at max speed of 1333 mhz, everything if fine with the RAM - have done memtest also)
Galaxy GTS 450 1 gb GDDR5
Cooler Master 500W PSU

The issue with gaming is that the pc gets stuck when playing for 2 or 3 minutes, sometimes the graphic cards kernel used to crash and recover due to which i use to get blank screens. There is no heating issue, as i have checked with core temp and during gaming the cores temperature have only reached 65 to 70 degrees max. I want your help in the following queries: -

Can anyone go through my configuration and let me know if there are any issues you are aware about with compatibility of the mobo and the other hardware?
Can anyone also let me know what is the proper way to apply the thermal cream for my quad core processor?

Your suggestions would be of great help to me. Thank You.

walterm

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
As an amateur guesser, check settings in bios, Intel motherboards can have quirks.
Guess 2, which Cooler Master power supply, how many 12 volt amps?
You may want to reseat all psu connectors.Which monitor at what resolution, what game settings?

Archean

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Generally Intel motherboards have lot less quirks than lets say Asus/MSI or other manufacturers' products.

Assuming that the system works perfectly in every other scenario, but only crash or freeze in games, there are strong chances that your graphic card is bit wonky. Anyway as you've RMA it hopefully the replacement card will fix the issue.

asimov

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
the psu which i bought have an 2 channel 12v+ @ 12 amps... the connectors are all well connected... i had removed and tried... anyways i hope there is no issue with the compatibility of mobo with my gpu (which is factory overclocked)... any suggestions regarding applying method of thermal cream to the cpu sink?

asimov

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011

Hi,

I have got my card replaced but still the problem persists... the pc hangs when playing games... can it be a problem with my OS? as i am not using genuine windows 7...

TRENDING THREADS