Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My computer ELECTROSHOCKS ME!!!

Last response: in Components
Share
August 7, 2011 9:18:54 AM

i don"t have grounding connection to my computer .when i turn on my system (out side of cpu & moniter both or littel bitt electrick shock

More about : computer electroshocks

a b ) Power supply
August 7, 2011 9:41:47 AM

take a long cable wire, peel the tip as seen cooper, 1 to case (part case conductive / or back case) and 1 to the ground or wall , and now you can try catch it with your finger
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 7, 2011 1:30:00 PM

The computer case should be grounded otherwise you will get a shock as the case will be floating at half mains voltage with a charge depending on the capacitance of the mains switching transformer.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
August 7, 2011 4:41:09 PM

ALWAYS use grounded plugs.........always!!!
m
0
l
August 7, 2011 5:40:52 PM

Make sure your outlets are actually grounded first.

m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
August 7, 2011 9:27:49 PM

Every computer power supply cord I have ever seen is 3 pronged and grounded. I would get a low cost outlet tester as well to be sure the power source in properly grounded.
m
0
l
!