Sign in with
Your question

Urgent Problem - VGA red light q code 06 asus mobo (NO POST)

Last response: in Motherboards
April 24, 2012 2:10:59 PM

Hey, i'm new to the forums and i am having a lot of trouble for my first build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K
Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe
GPU: Geforce GTX 560
PSU: OCZ ZS Series 750W
RAM: Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance
SDD: OCZ AGT3-25SAT3-60G Agility 3 60GB SATA III

K, so i first built the pc and everything was running smoothly; then for some reason 'chkdisk' utilty wasn't working and it told me to do a system restore. When i went to do a system restore it told me the that the ssd was corrupted and i had to run chkdsk. Obviously this kept going in a circle; so i decided to use the windows 7 cd to 'repair system' but i had to find the cd first. Once i found it, for some reason my cd drive no longer recognised 'any' cds.

After booting up, i went to my computer and found that the cd drive was DEFINETELY present but no longer recognised any of my cds. So i bought a new external cd/drive after taking out the cd/drive; now for some strange reason the computer wouldn't beep (POST) and i saw no visuals on screen.

I opened the computer up to see the motherboard and i found that the LED q code thing read '30'. i solved this by taking apart the mobo and putting it back together again and then it read '60' and was stuck there. I eventually discovered that the ram wasn't put it properly so now the q code reads '06' and there is now a red light in the vga LED light thing. I'm not sure whether its a graphics card or the mobo but its simply stuck on '06' which means 'microcode is loading'. It does not give me any beeps, or anything. If the graphics card is plugged in then the red light appears when it hits '06', this is the same if the graphics if not even connected.

I have no idea what do to do. i really need help? making a computer unfortunately hasn't been as exciting as an experience as i first thought it be. I could really use some advice. Furthermore this all has taken just above a month and i bought all the stuff from amazon so my return policy has expired.

Any advice?

PS it doesn't beep (POST), and it doesn't go to the bios or boot up
April 24, 2012 3:26:50 PM

let me summarise my problem. my computer doesn't boot up. There is no POST beeps and when i look at the motherboard there is a red light on VGA LED. so i am assuming either the motherboard is broken or the graphics card is. I'm not sure what i can do.
a b V Motherboard
April 24, 2012 3:59:12 PM

look into your motherboard manual for error codes, that should point you the right direction
!