danimischiu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
the freqency tha I'm using are core:650 and memory:850..and my gpu reaches sometimes to 95 degrees:(.how bad is this for my dell N5010

TehCommy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
OK Heres what you do, A. Underclock your video card to even Lower frequencys, B.Limit your GPU Usage and when you play games, Play at low or medium settings and keep an eye on your GPU, and C. like wolf said, make sure ur not playing on a bedsheet or something, Glad to help :p

danimischiu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I underclocked to 610 and 800 and now I have a max of 86degrees.could this heating problem also be provoked by the video driver?I always update the latest driver so now I am using 11-2 from amd.I sow that it colud go even higher,and even so it wouldn't reach this temperatures.I am only using overclocking only when I am playing so I would like to find out more about this temperatures..it's safe for me to keep it like this?

4745454b

Titan
What is stock for that card?

You could have a dusty heatsink. You might want to try opening the back of the laptop and cleaning the heatsink of all dust. DON'T do this if the laptop is still under warranty.

TehCommy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011

your GPU isnt getting cooled correctly, sell the laptop and go on neweg and buy a nice 800 buck laptop, if u look closely theres one witha i5 480m(2.66ghz) 4gb ddr3 and with a hd 5650 (nice card i have to say)

TehCommy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
WAIT! my fail, u have a 5650, Ok good news, this is a dedicated card, WICH MEANS, you can buy a new 5650.

zanderman1985

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I have the exact same laptop

OC'd to 620/1050 I get to 73C, I'm thinking there's dust somewhere on your laptop, because in spite what alot of people say, this Dell is very well cooled, so if its not cooling there's something wrong. At stock speeds, I rarely go over 68C. Limits are different on every single card of the same model, I've seen 5650m's only overclock to 600/900 - I say only, but its still quite a good increase in performance - but generally 5650's are cool running cards.

Whenever I go to use my laptoip for ANYTHING I prop it up on 5 dvd cases either side on a flat surface, if you don't have that sort of time or environment, I would make one.

danimischiu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
You get only 73C in full load???please tell me more about it :love:
I have the heating problem since I bought the laptop..so I dont realy think dust was the problem,by the way can you tell me what software did you use to overclock.I have only used amd gpu clock tool and msi afterburner(which doesn't do anything to my 5650..a driver problem I belive,I used it only for monitoring my temps).I would bring the laptop to waranty services but what would I say to them because the laptop works fine..only problem is heating when playing..and overclocking :pt1cable:

danimischiu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
I have the heating problem since I bought the laptop..so I dont realy think dust was the problem,by the way can you tell me what software did you use to overclock.I have only used amd gpu clock tool and msi afterburner(which doesn't do anything to my 5650..a driver problem I belive,I used it only for monitoring my temps).I would bring the laptop to waranty services but what would I say to them because the laptop works fine..only problem is heating when playing..and overclocking :pt1cable:

danimischiu

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011