Golden Sun or GS:The Lost Age

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

I started playing Golden Sun:The Lost Age and am really getting hooked.
Never played the original GS though and am wondering if I should I have
started with it first.

yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second which
improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get additional summons
for the final boss.

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:49:21 -0700, old jelley wrote:

> yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second
> which improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get additional
> summons for the final boss.
> "CJ" <CJ3@ccr.com> wrote in message
>> I started playing Golden Sun:The Lost Age and am really getting hooked.
>> Never played the original GS though and am wondering if I should I have
>> started with it first.

I would recommend stopping GS:TLA and find a copy of the original Golden
Sun. Finish that game and try to get as many of the djins as you can.
You can then transfer the data to the second game and continue. So long as
you haven't passed a certain point it is possible to accomplish this
without ruining your game on GS2.

old jelley wrote:
> yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second
> which improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get
> additional summons for the final boss.
> "CJ" <CJ3@ccr.com> wrote in message
>> I started playing Golden Sun:The Lost Age and am really getting
>> hooked. Never played the original GS though and am wondering if I
>> should I have started with it first.

I didn't find it to be that big of a deal. It helps understand the story a
little more, but that's about it until close to the end.

--

John Salerno

We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least
once. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

John Salerno wrote:

> old jelley wrote:
> > yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second
> > which improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get
> > additional summons for the final boss.
> > "CJ" <CJ3@ccr.com> wrote in message
> >> I started playing Golden Sun:The Lost Age and am really getting
> >> hooked. Never played the original GS though and am wondering if I
> >> should I have started with it first.
>
> I didn't find it to be that big of a deal. It helps understand the story a
> little more, but that's about it until close to the end.

However, you'll miss out on some cool summons if you don't have all the
djinns.

Adnan wrote:

> However, you'll miss out on some cool summons if you don't have all
> the djinns.

And it might be the case that if I hadn't imported my GS save file, I would
have had to replay the final boss battle. I went through just about every
combination of characters during that battle, it took more than half an
hour, and I was literally down to my last summons and that's what won the
battle. Who knows....

Les B. Labbauf wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:49:21 -0700, old jelley wrote:
>

>>yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second
>>which improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get additional
>>summons for the final boss.
>>"CJ" <CJ3@ccr.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>I started playing Golden Sun:The Lost Age and am really getting hooked.
>>>Never played the original GS though and am wondering if I should I have
>>>started with it first.
>>>

>I would recommend stopping GS:TLA and find a copy of the original Golden
>Sun. Finish that game and try to get as many of the djins as you can.
>You can then transfer the data to the second game and continue. So long as
>you haven't passed a certain point it is possible to accomplish this
>without ruining your game on GS2.

Its annoying that games like this are so hard to find now. It seems like
they are out of print very quickly and forcing us to buy overpriced used
carts.

What other original or non-movie packaged games are out there now that are
of this type of gameplay? I bought and played out sword of mana (loved it
just as much as final fantasy adventure), going to be borrowing Golden Sun
from a friend soon, but until then I'd like to get another adventure game
that lasts 20+ hours to play through. A good example of a cool game like
that that I found by chance once was great greed for orig gb. Gotta be top
view HP/MP type, not one for the sidescrollers (well all but for the
adventure of link).

Josh