Golden Sun or GS:The Lost Age

I started playing Golden Sun:The Lost Age and am really getting hooked.
Never played the original GS though and am wondering if I should I have
started with it first.
7 answers Last reply
More about golden lost

    yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second which
    improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get additional summons
    for the final boss.

    On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:49:21 -0700, old jelley wrote:

    > yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second
    > which improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get additional
    > summons for the final boss.
    > "CJ" <CJ3@ccr.com> wrote in message
    >> I started playing Golden Sun:The Lost Age and am really getting hooked.
    >> Never played the original GS though and am wondering if I should I have
    >> started with it first.

    I would recommend stopping GS:TLA and find a copy of the original Golden
    Sun. Finish that game and try to get as many of the djins as you can.
    You can then transfer the data to the second game and continue. So long as
    you haven't passed a certain point it is possible to accomplish this
    without ruining your game on GS2.

    old jelley wrote:
    > yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second
    > which improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get
    > additional summons for the final boss.
    > "CJ" <CJ3@ccr.com> wrote in message
    >> I started playing Golden Sun:The Lost Age and am really getting
    >> hooked. Never played the original GS though and am wondering if I
    >> should I have started with it first.

    I didn't find it to be that big of a deal. It helps understand the story a
    little more, but that's about it until close to the end.

    --

    John Salerno

    We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least
    once. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

    John Salerno wrote:

    > old jelley wrote:
    > > yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second
    > > which improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get
    > > additional summons for the final boss.
    > > "CJ" <CJ3@ccr.com> wrote in message
    > >> I started playing Golden Sun:The Lost Age and am really getting
    > >> hooked. Never played the original GS though and am wondering if I
    > >> should I have started with it first.
    >
    > I didn't find it to be that big of a deal. It helps understand the story a
    > little more, but that's about it until close to the end.

    However, you'll miss out on some cool summons if you don't have all the
    djinns.

    > --
    >
    > John Salerno
    >
    > We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least
    > once. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Adnan wrote:

    > However, you'll miss out on some cool summons if you don't have all
    > the djinns.

    And it might be the case that if I hadn't imported my GS save file, I would
    have had to replay the final boss battle. I went through just about every
    combination of characters during that battle, it took more than half an
    hour, and I was literally down to my last summons and that's what won the
    battle. Who knows....

    >> --
    >>
    >> John Salerno
    >>
    >> We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at
    >> least once. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

    --

    John Salerno

    We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least
    once. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    Les B. Labbauf wrote:

    >On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:49:21 -0700, old jelley wrote:
    >

    >>yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second
    >>which improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get additional
    >>summons for the final boss.
    >>"CJ" <CJ3@ccr.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>I started playing Golden Sun:The Lost Age and am really getting hooked.
    >>>Never played the original GS though and am wondering if I should I have
    >>>started with it first.
    >>>

    >I would recommend stopping GS:TLA and find a copy of the original Golden
    >Sun. Finish that game and try to get as many of the djins as you can.
    >You can then transfer the data to the second game and continue. So long as
    >you haven't passed a certain point it is possible to accomplish this
    >without ruining your game on GS2.

    Its annoying that games like this are so hard to find now. It seems like
    they are out of print very quickly and forcing us to buy overpriced used
    carts.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    What other original or non-movie packaged games are out there now that are
    of this type of gameplay? I bought and played out sword of mana (loved it
    just as much as final fantasy adventure), going to be borrowing Golden Sun
    from a friend soon, but until then I'd like to get another adventure game
    that lasts 20+ hours to play through. A good example of a cool game like
    that that I found by chance once was great greed for orig gb. Gotta be top
    view HP/MP type, not one for the sidescrollers (well all but for the
    adventure of link).

    Josh

    > Les B. Labbauf wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:49:21 -0700, old jelley wrote:
    > >

    > >>yes. you can transfer information from the first game into the second
    > >>which improves the gameplay considerably and allows you to get
    additional
    > >>summons for the final boss.
    > >>"CJ" <CJ3@ccr.com> wrote in message

    > >I would recommend stopping GS:TLA and find a copy of the original Golden
    > >Sun. Finish that game and try to get as many of the djins as you can.
    > >You can then transfer the data to the second game and continue. So long
    as
    > >you haven't passed a certain point it is possible to accomplish this
    > >without ruining your game on GS2.
    > >

    > Its annoying that games like this are so hard to find now. It seems like
    > they are out of print very quickly and forcing us to buy overpriced used
    > carts.

Console Gaming Video Games