Build is finished, but I got a question about putting Windows on it

LarryJones1

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Ok, my system has been assembled, and I installed Windows XP on it. I haven't done anything else at all. I ordered Windows 7 64-bit for Students, and I'm waiting for the disk to come in the mail. Should I bother with installing any drivers or anything? Or should I just wait till I get the Windows 7 disk, and install that, and then install all the various drivers? I want the initial install to be as clean as possible, so that's why I figured that I wouldn't do anything at all with that PC, till I get the Windows 7 disk, and start fresh from there.

Also, should I get any particular Anti-Virus software?

i5 2500k
P8P67
8 gigs G.Skill
Gigabyte 560 Ti SOC
Samsung Spinpoint F3
Seasonic Bronze 520

Solution
Ya, it would be somewhat of a waste to install everything and then just reformat your hard drive and do it again. For antivirus I like avast its free and works nicely. Others are avira and avg. there are others cant remember them all.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Ya, it would be somewhat of a waste to install everything and then just reformat your hard drive and do it again. For antivirus I like avast its free and works nicely. Others are avira and avg. there are others cant remember them all.

Solution