Difference between GTX 570 & 570 HD in terms of graphics?

johnkx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Hello,

I just want to know if there's any difference between the two in terms of graphics. I heard the normal one has a vapor chamber and the HD one doesn't.

Not sure what you mean by 570 HD. There are two basic types of GTX 570. They all use the same graphics chip, but the difference is whether they use the reference vapor chamber cooler, or if they use an after-market custom cooler. Custom coolers will generally result in lower temperatures, but circulate exhaust heat inside the case. The reference vapor chamber will vent exhaust heat outside the case. As long as it is a GTX 570, there will be no difference in the graphics capabilities.

That is a bloody stupid marketing department that names a nvidia part like that but at the very least that is what EVGA have done it would seem. I thought for a second there was a mix up with perhaps the ATI 5770 series but apparantly not.

I think the difference is the "HD" one comes with display port which I do not think the reference one does. Indeed maybe they are paying homage to ati here as it looks very similar to their port setup.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=012-P3-1571-AR