Sign in with
Your question

Why did my board die? asrock ex4 gen3

Last response: in Motherboards
April 24, 2012 8:51:57 PM

OK, I bought a second hand ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 1155 board, its was up and running for a couple of days then after a reboot i got nothing....

No onboard LED's, fans, Dr De-bug... Nothing.

Removed board from case powered it up on the box with just CPU installed and still nothing.

Have tested all other parts in another system and everything else works fine its just this board that has no life in it whatsoever.

I have since replaced the board with a brand new asus board as i needed the system running.

So should it i just eBay it as faulty or is there anything i can do to diagnose the issue?

a c 435 V Motherboard
April 24, 2012 9:18:38 PM

I don't know the asrock rma procedure, but it can't hurt to try, depending on your country of origin. I mail my rma's by parcel post for around $11 from texas. As long as your board has no physical damage or burn marks, they might accept it. Here is a link to their homepage: http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA. Give them 24 hours to respond. Just tell them it won't post. Nothing more is necessary. They may or may not ask for an invoice from the vender. Some manufacturer's require it; others don't. It only takes a few minutes to fill out the form.
April 24, 2012 9:25:31 PM

I had a look at the link but as i bought the board second hand and Im from the UK I guess its a no-go.

Quote:
ASRock provide 1 year warranty service to Authorized Distributor, users should refer to the retailer or original vender RMA & Refund policy. If experiencing difficulties in warranty service through your dealer or place of purchase, ASRock will attempt to resolve this issue. For the motherboard that out of warranty, there is a $35.00 service charge + shipping for each item. ASRock America will only provide warranty service to ASRock products purchased within North America.
Related resources
a c 435 V Motherboard
April 24, 2012 9:28:27 PM

Did you remove the board battery to reset the bios? Might get it going. Some folks leave the battery out overnight before trying to post.
April 24, 2012 9:30:56 PM

Yes, I removed it BUT for only 5 mins tops, worth a shot so will do so now and leave until the morning.
!