Random hardware failure??

dubsanta

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
i, It's my friends PC so sorry if i leave anything out but I've tried my best to help them. I seriously have no idea... is it a Hard drive issue? why cant i reinstall windows??

This happened after my friend put in a new graphics card but even when it's not in we still have this problem
Our problem is.. that it turns on fine but it gets to the part where it asks if we want to start windows normally or start - startup repair. No matter which we choose it restarts the PC and does it all again. I've tried using the windows 7 install cd and booting via cd and that just did the same thing. Even the windows 7 repair disc i gave did it. We've tried safe mode...pretty much every possible way to try and get this to work. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to work??

Thankyou

dubsanta

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
I can do so tomorrow as I'm not there right now. But even if it is am I unable to reinstall it? As when it loads windows files it just goes straight back to the 'load windows normally' windows :/

Engima

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
If your HDD is detected then you can reinstall your OS by going into BIOs and then choosing to boot from your CD/DVD drive with your Windows OS CD inside it.

dubsanta

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
That's what we tried? all it did was went straight back to the screen :/ Right i'll do a full diagnostic tomorrow and reply then. Thanks for help