Weird question about hd5770

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisher75

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
I need to know how to burn this card up without opening it or modding it physically whatsoever. PLEASE post back with any thoughts.

Solution
Just use it as you have for the last 5 cards and it will take care of itself....
I've heard that ATI cards tend to run hot period..so is your case a cheap one or higher end with very good ventilation?
Also..as stated earlier ..why would you even go to this card after the 2nd card failed?
I've always ran nvidia and have never had a single card crap out on me....in 10 years..

jb6684

Distinguished
Stall the fan on the GPU cooler, a tooth pick will usually do....

Then run FurMark Stability test for a hour or two. Just remember to keep a fire extinguisher handy in case if goes up in flames....

Sounds like somebody wants to return a card under warranty.......

wisher75

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
the flame idea might work, but I'm looking for more of a software approach.

Also, no I'm not "cheating" to get my momey back. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by cheating either...

wisher75

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009

Ok if the I need to explain myself I will. This card is in a brand new system that has already eaten 5 of these. This particular one is causing system shutdowns and the provider is denying it. If I can prove BEYOND A DOUBT that it is causeing these they have to replace it.

and this is my fiances comp and if you know what it is like to live with a female who is pissed off you will understand

professorprofessorson

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011

I would think that by the 5th one you'd have enough proof to show whoever sold you the system. Its silly to knowingly and purposely damage new fully working products like that.

Have to agree with the others here -- breaking a part on purpose is not the way to prove something is burning out the cards -- Sounds like there is some other problem with the system if it keeps burning out GPUs rather than problems in the cards -- where are you located and is the system using a surge protector or plugged straight into the outlet ? what type of PSU is in there and what GPU ? -- really sounds like some sort of power problem since that is really the only thing that would burn up the cards (ie. getting power surges or spikes or wrong voltage)

johnnyq1233

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Just use it as you have for the last 5 cards and it will take care of itself....
I've heard that ATI cards tend to run hot period..so is your case a cheap one or higher end with very good ventilation?
Also..as stated earlier ..why would you even go to this card after the 2nd card failed?
I've always ran nvidia and have never had a single card crap out on me....in 10 years..

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.