Sign in with
Your question

MSI P67A-GD65 boot stuck. Please help?

Last response: in Systems
May 11, 2011 1:57:25 PM

I have a i5 2500k CPU with the P67A-GD65 motherboard. My old DVD RW wasn't compatible with my new system so I copied the setup files to drive C using my old system and ran install. Then after it said "restarting" I shut down the pc and put the old HDD in the new system. It worked fine and installed Windows 7 successfully. Anyway after some time when I switched on my pc again, my motherboard was stuck in a black screen with a _ letter and nothing else. Its stuck there ever since and I tried everything starting from resetting BIOS to checking all cables. What is wrong? Faulty motherboard? As soon as it gets past the BIOS it gets stuck at the black screen with the _ letter and nothing else. Btw it doesn't even get to the Windows screen so I'm sure its not my OS. Please help

I never trusted MSI motherboards anyway :(  ....Just that the shopkeeper kept telling me to go with the MSI P67A-GD65 over the GIGABYTE P67A-UD3. Switching to GIGABYTE is still better isn't it? I am not going to use SLI anyway. Should I switch to GIGABYTE P67A-UD3? I think I have to replace the motherboard so should I switch to the UD3?
May 11, 2011 2:20:31 PM

No answers? :\

Looks like I will only know after I replace the mobo
a b V Motherboard
May 11, 2011 3:55:25 PM

your description of your process is quite confusing.

I am pretty sure you can't do a WIN 7 install like that. I think you need to get a DVD/CD drive that is compatible and installing again.
!