Sign in with
Your question

Wiring fan/led switch

Last response: in Systems
May 11, 2011 3:08:15 PM

Hi all

I have a Coolmaster 690 II advanced case that has an led fan with the switch mounted on top. I replaced this fan(for different color theme) and can't figure out how to wire the switch in.

The fan i have, has a 3 pin connection(male) and 2 molex connections. The switch has a 3 pin(only 2 pins are there) that is also male. I have an adapter that has a female 3 pin and 2 molex connections.

Am i right in connecting the adapter to the fan via the 3(2) pin and the molex from the fan to a molex on the adapter? If so, where does the psu go into, the fan side or the adapter side? I'm guessing the fan side. Am i correct?

Sorry if this sounds like a total newbie question. I just dont want to cause any shorts.

Thanks

More about : wiring fan led switch

May 12, 2011 3:56:44 AM

Gee thanks for all the help guys
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 12, 2011 10:40:47 AM

I've tried to read this a few times and can't visualise it particularly well.

Could you perhaps draw a diagram of what you're trying to do. Nothing professional - just a quick picture will do the job.
m
l
a c 122 B Homebuilt system
May 12, 2011 12:43:53 PM

Danklin, you madeyour first post at 11:08, then less than 1 hour later, you posted,
"Gee thanks for all the help guys "

First of all, " Patience, Grasshopper." Most of us have real lives. We are not just lurking for a post to pop up.

Second of all, like Rusting, I am trying to figure out the question you are really asking.

m
l
!