Turn Based RPG's Which one?

CK

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

Hi all,

Being a poor student and all, I can only afford the odd game now and then,
baring that in mind, which is the best out of Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance
and Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword? Have already played and finished Advance
Wars and Tactics Ogre, but are there any others I should consider?

Thanks for any response!

CK

CK wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Being a poor student and all, I can only afford the odd game now and
> then, baring that in mind, which is the best out of Final Fantasy:
> Tactics Advance and Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword? Have already
> played and finished Advance Wars and Tactics Ogre, but are there any
> others I should consider?
>
> Thanks for any response!
>
> CK

FFTA is good, similar to TO in many ways. I thought Fire Emblem was great
for a while, but I got bored with it, so I can't recommend it
whole-heartedly.

--

John Salerno

We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least
once. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

CK wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Being a poor student and all, I can only afford the odd game now and then,
> baring that in mind, which is the best out of Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance
> and Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword? Have already played and finished Advance
> Wars and Tactics Ogre, but are there any others I should consider?
>
> Thanks for any response!
>
> CK

I completely disagree with John's response. I completely got bored with
FFTA after a few hours (because there is no story) while I really liked
Fire Emblem (except I was annoyed by the long tutorial).

So I'd say Fire Emblem. Golden Sun (and its sequel) are also good.

Adnan

"CK" <zsimo64@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Being a poor student and all, I can only afford the odd game now and then,
> baring that in mind, which is the best out of Final Fantasy: Tactics
Advance
> and Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword? Have already played and finished
Advance
> Wars and Tactics Ogre, but are there any others I should consider?
>
> Thanks for any response!
>
> CK

Be warned, with Fire Emblem there is an intolerable amount of 'story'. The
dialog often lasts several minutes (although there is a way to skip it and
get right to the action). The story's interesting enough the first time
around, but irritatingly long if you play the game again.

CK wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Being a poor student and all, I can only afford the odd game now and
> then, baring that in mind, which is the best out of Final Fantasy:
> Tactics Advance and Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword? Have already
> played and finished Advance Wars and Tactics Ogre, but are there any
> others I should consider?
>
> Thanks for any response!
>
> CK

Another thing to consider is that FE is weapons-based, meaning all you equip
and upgrade your characters with are weapons. FFTA has every type of
equipment, like TO (armor, boots, shields, etc.) So FE is more simplistic
that way, which is nice if you hate keeping track of all the inventory.

--

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> CK wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Being a poor student and all, I can only afford the odd game now and
> > then, baring that in mind, which is the best out of Final Fantasy:
> > Tactics Advance and Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword? Have already
> > played and finished Advance Wars and Tactics Ogre, but are there any
> > others I should consider?
> >
> > Thanks for any response!
> >
> > CK
>
> Another thing to consider is that FE is weapons-based, meaning all you
equip
> and upgrade your characters with are weapons. FFTA has every type of
> equipment, like TO (armor, boots, shields, etc.) So FE is more simplistic
> that way, which is nice if you hate keeping track of all the inventory.
>
> --
>
> John Salerno
>
> We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least
> once. -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks for all your responses, though it hasn't made the decision any easier
:p Probably go with FE as it's a little different, getting a little bored
with TO, on to the last boss fight and it's something of a slog (a good
slog, but a slog all the same).

"CK" <zsimo64@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Being a poor student and all, I can only afford the odd game now and then,
> baring that in mind, which is the best out of Final Fantasy: Tactics
Advance
> and Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword? Have already played and finished
Advance
> Wars and Tactics Ogre, but are there any others I should consider?
>
> Thanks for any response!
>
> CK

Give Shining Force a look. It's a classic old MegaDrive/Genesis game but
nicely repackaged for the GBA. Gameplay is basic but very addictive and
there are some excellent characters. I played it back on the MD but never
forgot it and was enormously pleased to see it rereleased on the GBA.

Rick

angelo

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:56:02 +0100, "CK" <zsimo64@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Being a poor student and all, I can only afford the odd game now and then,
>baring that in mind, which is the best out of Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance
>and Fire Emblem: The Sealed Sword? Have already played and finished Advance
>Wars and Tactics Ogre, but are there any others I should consider?
>
>Thanks for any response!
>
>CK

Fire Emblem would be the best choice.

Angelo