MSI intel motherboard Boot issue

gamer282

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
Hello,
I have a rather strange booting issue with my motherboard. Getting straight to it, the motherboard is an MSI H61M-E23 (B3). Initially the motherboard boots and loads windows fine. However if I reset (Hard reset or just restart windows) it sits powered on with a blank screen. Now if I disconnect the power cable and leave it for about 10 minutes, then the PC boots as normal and loads windows. Additionally if I reset the Bios by jumper or battery, the pc boots as per normal.

I have tried different power supply, and just about everything else including ram.

Is this the result of a faulty motherboard or is there another underlying issue? I have flashed the Bios and still the same issue.

Cromat88

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
i had a repair job with the same motherboard in a old box and a old power supply. the pc would startup with a blank screen and thats about it no beeps nothing so i swapped out the PSU with a new one which fixed it. Make sure your power connectors are in properly, your 4 pin Cpu power connector and the 24 pin motherboard connector make sure you have plugged in the additional 4 pin connector which is connected to 20pin power connector properly if its attached like the older PSU where the 4 pin connector sits loose next to the main 20pin connector. Just make sure your connectors are in properly

gamer282

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009

Thanks for the reply. Iv'e tried 3 different power supplies with the same issue recurring all the time. Its seriously an odd erratic problem...