First i wanna apologize for re-opening the thread but my last one was locked and after i talked with moderator he told me to re-open new one, so here it is.
so i ran few tests again and i got this
ATI Radeon HD 5570 - start at 100 FPS on Counter Strike 1.6 and slowly dropping down to 25 FPS. When i make skype call it goes down to 15 FPS.
GeForce 6200 - start at 60 FPS and stay at 40-60. With skype call on it goes to 30 FPS.
At previous thread i got answer that my CPU is bottlenecking my ATI card but i wanna be sure...
* First, why on my BOTH graphic cards my FPS start going down?
* Why when i make skype calls while i play my FPS going even lower?
* Why the ATI NEWER card giving me crappy results even compared to outdated 6200?
* Is it for sure the CPU? I dont wanna waste 100$ on CPU and to not get improvement (i mean if i had spare money i would had good PC not some junk im trying to make PC)
* How to improve my FPS? Not only in CS in other games too...
* What can cause problems with FPS at all?
* Im using Win XP. When i put my new graphic card it showed me the Found new Hardware baloon. i Clicked it and it instaled some parts. I tested and FPS were going from 1 to 100 all time. I instaled Catalyst Drivers from ATI too and then my FPS were good, at 100 (on CS 1.6) but after few mins i get DRASTIC lowering. Did i do something wrong with instaling drivers?
* Does the different slot on motherboard (PCI X slot) makes any difference? Cos i have 2. (i will write my MoBo down in the MY CONFIGURATION part)
I guess main question should be >> Will changing PSU/CPU fix the problem or its something else that is making this problem but all of the above questions bugging me since i cant play NOTHING. COMPLETELY nothing.
I used the GeForce card for few years. My ATI card is new, like 2 weeks and i have this problems from the first day. I expected BIG improvement over the 6200 geforce. I know 5570 is not some WOW card, its nothign special, but its supposed to be MUCH better than a crappy 6200 nVidia. I actually first purchased GT 220 but i got same FPS problem that im experiencing with the HD 5570 now, but i went to the store and they told me they dont think its the graphic card (they blamed me on instaling the drivers bad.. what you can mess there? lol) but if i want i can take new GT220 or take ATI card for same money. I took this ATI card and i get same problem. Games start at good FPS, then go down. Btw on login menus on online games or NFS carbon menu FPS going up to 250. So when i start play it always go doooooooown. I play online games on LOW settings 1024x768 and Medium settings same res on not online games. So after i got 15 FPS on AIKA online and 15 FPS on high graphic carbon (20 on medium) i decided to try back my old 6200. on CS 1.6 i get more stable FPS (at least even with skype call on it dont go below 30 FPS) and on AIKA online i get 15-20 FPS. Carbon i didnt tested cos it can run it only on LOW settings 1024x768 (tested that long time ago when i actually WANTED to play Carbon, now its only for test). I also tested on World of Warcraft and i got 10-15 FPS with skype call on. Well IM SURE even if its bad graphic card IT SHOULD PERFORM BETTER! My question is HOW to make that happen? How to make it perform as it should?
So thats pretty much it, if you need more info ask i will tell.
* MotherBoard - J&W P35 (intel chipset) - It has 2 PCI X slots i always use only 1, i never even tried the other one, One is blue one black i use the blue one)
* Graphic Card - GeForce 6200 128MB DDR? (its probably just DDR but i have no idea) / ATI Radeon [Saphire] HD 5570 1GB DDR3
* Processor - Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 1MB cache (yea laugh at me it sucks... i will get Dual Core E5200 or E5700 if CPU is 100% problem for my low FPS)
* 2 GB DDR2 Kingston RAM memory 800Hz
* PSU - PX 450 -275W (crappy brand)