Asus m2n-mx-se plus motherboard audio problem

ratulb06

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
hello,I am having an audio problem in my pc...just a few days ago the audio was working fine(through the speakers and headphone both) And then it suddenly started malfunctioning..I am using Realtek HD audio driver,I uninstalled and then re installed the drivers,checked everything in device manager and found no issues regarding the problem as every device is in "working Properly" status,checked every connection inside the cabinet & found nothing to be loose or misplaced.Also checked the speakers & headphone using another soure and found they are okay.The only noteworthy thing is I can hear a very feeble sound of the demo music when trying to test the system's audio output using "realtek HD audio manager" icon from system tray.I don't know if this is necessary but I am providing here my pc specs

OS-Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Processor- AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+,MMX,3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
grapics card- NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Sound Devices :
Description: Realtek HD Audio output
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RtkHDAud.sys
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6602 (English)

Greatly Appreciate any kind of assistance in this issue Guys. Thanks in advance.

if it not tuned off in bios. (the on board audio chipset) if someone was playing a joke on you. then it looks like the audio chipset on the mb may have gone bad or the plug to the mb may have a broken (ie cracked soilder join). have you tried using the line out port to see if the audio is the same volume.