Status
Not open for further replies.

batogrujanac

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Hello,

I assembled my new computer a few weeks ago and it was working smoothly. It broke down this morning and I would like receive troubleshooting advice.

I left the computer idling for a few hours, then when I returned, it failed to wake up. I turned the power off and tried to restart. Nothing. The motherboard's DRAM and CPU indicator LED lights were on. I have Sabertooth X58 motherboard.

A friend recommended trying a different power supply. Didn't help.

I tried unplugging and replugging the DDR3 cards. Same.

Please help.

Solution
Yea, I've had nothing but problem with sleep and wake on any of my system. I always have turned to PC off when done, and reboot when needed.

Clear the CMOS, or remove the mobo battery as suggested.

Reseat everything to the motherboard: Video card, hard drives, whatever.

Try 1 stick of RAM at a time, going thru all of them before combining 2 or 3 sticks.

Finally, try reseating the CPU.

I have a feeling that it has what's called a "cold solder" on something to the motherboard. Unless you are tech savy, and an electrical engineer, you probably can't fix it. Can you RMA or return the mobo if so?
reset the bios by removing the board battery with the power supply unplugged. I recommend you stop using sleep mode; I've had too many issues with it on recent builds; I you still want a fast boot up, then get a cheap ssd; I use a 32 gb on my spare system, and 60 gb on my main system; both were about $1 per gb.

Yea, I've had nothing but problem with sleep and wake on any of my system. I always have turned to PC off when done, and reboot when needed.

Clear the CMOS, or remove the mobo battery as suggested.

Reseat everything to the motherboard: Video card, hard drives, whatever.

Try 1 stick of RAM at a time, going thru all of them before combining 2 or 3 sticks.

Finally, try reseating the CPU.

I have a feeling that it has what's called a "cold solder" on something to the motherboard. Unless you are tech savy, and an electrical engineer, you probably can't fix it. Can you RMA or return the mobo if so?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.