USB Sound Repeats on Windows Log In

finakechi

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
This problem is really more of an annoyance that anything. As my PC work properly.

But whenever I log into Windows the USB connecting and disconnecting sound happens repeatedly. I am not entirely sure what the problem is.

Tried googling it a few times with little success. : /

Thanks in advance!

skaz

Distinguished
A couple questions for you that might help me help you.

- Do you have the most up to date drivers for your motherboard? Chipset, or USB 3.0 controller.

- Is the sound accompanied by an icon of a new device being found in the right hand side?

- What usb devices do you have hooked up to your computer before you turn it on?

- Do you get the sound when you boot into safe mode?

finakechi

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
No icon in the right hand status bar, and drivers are up to date as far as I know.

Devices plugged in:

Keyboard
Mouse
Nostromo Gamepad
Webcam
Logitech headset
USB HDD enclosure (with flashcard reader)
Wireless reciever for Xbo controller Bluetoothdonlge.

skaz

Distinguished
In safe mode windows wills start itself with a limited amount of files and drivers. Which can help determine if your problem may be driver related.

So first you should go to your motherboard manufacturers website for updated drivers. Including audio driver. If your not sure on the name and model of your motherboard you can download a nice little program called CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z/versions-history.html
Download the "no installation" one and your motherboard will be listed under "mainboard" within the CPU-Z program.

After that, It wouldn't hurt to make sure all attached devices have updated drivers as well.

Then I would start with hardware troubleshooting. Remove all USB attached peripherals. Keep only the keyboard plugged in. Boot, Log in, see if the sound in question happens. Then plug in the mouse and boot, log in, see if sound happens. Continue until you find out either (A.) what device it is causing that sound or possibly (B.) what port it is.

Let me know how that goes and we'll go from that point.