Sign in with
Your question

Same problem: HD4650 AGP Drivers will not install in Win7

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 5, 2011 5:47:32 PM

I have the same problem and suspect it's not uncommon. Older ATI AGP hotfix drivers did work, although intermittently. With the 11.x (all that's available now, apparently, on the AMD driver site), I can't get the driver installed at all. Help?
March 8, 2011 12:19:33 PM

V24 said:
I have the same problem and suspect it's not uncommon. Older ATI AGP hotfix drivers did work, although intermittently. With the 11.x (all that's available now, apparently, on the AMD driver site), I can't get the driver installed at all. Help?

The problem apparently was that only some older drivers are stable on my machine. I found an archive of drivers at the Sapphire site that included version 10.10 (someone recommended 10.10 as stable). So far it's been stable. I did run the Catalyst uninstall and Driver Sweeper first. Why AMD doesn't archive these drivers I don't know.

Sapphire's Catalyst AGP Hotfix archive: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/downloads/down...
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
March 8, 2011 1:33:44 PM

V24 said:
Why AMD doesn't archive these drivers I don't know.

They do -- For example Here are the VISTA 32 bit archives going back as far as 8.10 and they have the same for all other versions of windows.

On the bottom section of the AMD catalyst packages download page select Previous Drivers and it will take you to the archives of the OS you are on !
m
l
March 9, 2011 2:05:31 AM

Thanks and maybe I'm mistaken but I don't think that what you say applies to AGP HD series cards: support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix

For some reason I can't post the whole url but that's the address. It can be copied and pasted though.
m
l
!