Toshiba Satellite L10-117

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intel Celeron-M 1.5 GHz Mobile, HDD 40 GB, 256 MB DDR, VGA Intel 855GME
up 64MB, Windows XP Home, TFT 15" XG

Can this notebook manage with Word 2005, Excel 2005, Dreamweaver 2004,
Photoshop CS (basic foto correction for web), play video films, browse
internet sites ?

Should I choose stronger notebook ?

What is your opinion about this notebook ?

Tee

"jw73" <jw73@go2.pl> wrote in message
> Intel Celeron-M 1.5 GHz Mobile, HDD 40 GB, 256 MB DDR, VGA Intel 855GME up
> 64MB, Windows XP Home, TFT 15" XG
>
> Can this notebook manage with Word 2005, Excel 2005, Dreamweaver 2004,
> Photoshop CS (basic foto correction for web), play video films, browse
> internet sites ?
>
> Should I choose stronger notebook ?
>
> What is your opinion about this notebook ?

The ram is too little for Photoshop or videos to run decently. You'd
probably see slow app startup times as well but the internet should work
fine. I have a Satellite 2430-S255 with a P4 2.4, 40gb, 1gb ram & 64mb
video card running XP Pro. It can handle the Adobe CS suite (as in have
more than one open & working) and the video playback is nice but note that I
have maxed out the ram at 1gb.

--
Tara

Tee napisa³(a):
> "jw73" <jw73@go2.pl> wrote in message
>
>>Intel Celeron-M 1.5 GHz Mobile, HDD 40 GB, 256 MB DDR, VGA Intel 855GME up
>>64MB, Windows XP Home, TFT 15" XG
>>
>>Can this notebook manage with Word 2005, Excel 2005, Dreamweaver 2004,
>>Photoshop CS (basic foto correction for web), play video films, browse
>>internet sites ?
>>
>>Should I choose stronger notebook ?
>>
>>What is your opinion about this notebook ?
>

> The ram is too little for Photoshop or videos to run decently. You'd
> probably see slow app startup times as well but the internet should work
> fine. I have a Satellite 2430-S255 with a P4 2.4, 40gb, 1gb ram & 64mb
> video card running XP Pro. It can handle the Adobe CS suite (as in have
> more than one open & working) and the video playback is nice but note that I
> have maxed out the ram at 1gb.

I have bought this laptop. It is great and amount of ram is ok.
jw73

--
Pozdrawiam.
jw73