Sign in with
Your question

Celeron Dual Core T3100 1.9GHZ vs Intel Pentium D vs Intel Pentium 4

Last response: in CPUs
August 9, 2011 2:34:45 PM

Hi guys, i have a celeron dual core t3100 @ 1.9 ghz, 1895 mhz, 2 cores,2 logical processor, i was thinking of playing left 4 dead, but the system requirements for the processor are intel pentium 4 3.0 ghz, my lap has been able to play games like COD4, COD MW2 decently..etc...
so if some one could make me understand the difference between celereon dual core 1.9 ghz, and pentium d and pentium 4 processor , so that i could figure out which of the games i can try on my lap.. i will try far cry 2, left 4 dead, batman arkhum asylum..

THanks,
NIkhar
August 9, 2011 3:14:54 PM

ya, i hv been there, the two COD games i mentioned above, the sysreqlab showed i was below the minimum mark, but they work really fine.
thats y i just wanted to understand the difference between these CPU's , so that i can choose the right game.
m
l
August 9, 2011 3:17:55 PM

well i think i have found the difference, all i wanted was a comaprison, and i just got that on www.cpubenchmark.com great site..and guess what , mine is better than other two ,according to them.

i will wait for a few days for some expert suggestion on this here, then i'll close it.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 9, 2011 3:19:22 PM

The dual core is SIGNIFICANTLY faster then the other two processors.
m
l
August 9, 2011 5:15:32 PM

Mine is also a DUAL CORE, then what's the difference between that?
If u want you can check that website for my CPU, and the other two.
m
l
a c 190 à CPUs
August 9, 2011 5:28:42 PM

The Intel® Celeron® T3100 running at 1.9GHz would be using the same architecture as the Intel Core 2 Duo, so it would out performance but the Intel Pentium® 4 and the Intel Pentium D processors even running at a much faster clock speed.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
!