What ram should i get for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,im planning on getting a i7 2600k but at the moment i got a i3 in my desktop.i was wondering what would be the best gaming ram to put into my computer now that will run on the i3 and will run brilliantly on the i7 im planning on getting on getting

ngoy

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Hello,im planning on getting a i7 2600k but at the moment i got a i3 in my desktop.i was wondering what would be the best gaming ram to put into my computer now that will run on the i3 and will run brilliantly on the i7 im planning on getting on getting

see http://www.anandtech.com/show/4503/sandy-bridge-memory-scaling-choosing-the-best-ddr3/6

.27-.67 frames per second difference between 1333 and 2133.

End result is that buying MORE ram is more important that the speed.
Ram here in the us is $5-$6.5 per gig for 1333-1600, so, you can get 8GB for approx $50 or so.

Personally, I think paying more than that is silly to gain 1 fps.

Most of the time I advise for memory for a Intel® Core™ i7-2600 to get DRR3 at 1600 as it is running same price as the 1333. Now the important thing is that you make sure that the memory that you select is rated at 1.5v or below. If you use higher voltage memory it can damage the processors memory controller and void the warranty on the processor.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

danraies

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

Not to throw stones, but I'm just curious...how can an Official Intel Enthusiast Representative recommend memory that does not follow Intel's own memory specifications?
http://ark.intel.com/products/52213
If I have problems with my i7-2600 processor and Intel tells me I voided my warranty by using unsupported memory, can I tell them that Christian Wood said it would be okay?

blackhawk1928

Distinguished

Whatever extra money you want to spend on ram, invest it in a better GPU instead...it will make a bigger difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.