Ugrading my ATI radion 9200 sony vaio PCV-RS-630G

I have recently upgraded RAM to 2G and replaced 3.2gh processor in my 2002 sony Vaio PCV-RS-630G. Everything is running fine and much better than it ever has but I play lots of RPG and plan to continue playing all the new ones too. Should i replace the graphics card.If so please recommend card that fits my model and reasons you think so. Thanks for the help and advice.
2 answers Last reply
More about ugrading radion 9200 sony vaio 630g
  1. henry1811 said:
    I have recently upgraded RAM to 2G and replaced 3.2gh processor in my 2002 sony Vaio PCV-RS-630G. Everything is running fine and much better than it ever has but I play lots of RPG and plan to continue playing all the new ones too. Should i replace the graphics card.If so please recommend card that fits my model and reasons you think so. Thanks for the help and advice.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you mean you plan to play WOW, Dragon Age Origins, etc, then you need to toss your current system. No single core Pentium 4 is going to cut it these days, and the best AGP card you could get is a HD 3850, which will be crippled by the Pentium 4. If you are still using the stock power supply in that Vaio too, that wont be able to handle anything like a 3850 anyway. For the newest games, you need a entirely new build, not something relying on parts mostly from the 2003-04 era.
  2. professorprofessorson said:
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you mean you plan to play WOW, Dragon Age Origins, etc, then you need to toss your current system. No single core Pentium 4 is going to cut it these days, and the best AGP card you could get is a HD 3850, which will be crippled by the Pentium 4. If you are still using the stock power supply in that Vaio too, that wont be able to handle anything like a 3850 anyway. For the newest games, you need a entirely new build, not something relying on parts mostly from the 2003-04 era.

That's what i was afraid of. It was actually 2002 when they came out and i got open box . I came across free memory and new processor. It still keeps up on WOW but i wanted to know if i should save graphics money for new system..So new system it is. Thanks for input.I guess i'll keep the dinosaur it's brand new inside and responsibly quick to be 8 years old hahaha i know.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards ATI Processors Sony Vaio Graphics