Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti

iduhfuse

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Hello, I’ve been look at a few different GTX 560 Ti's for a while and I found that the Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti clocked at 900mhz on the core (Here's the site http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3707#ov was really the best option due to price.
Just asking you guys if you know if Gigabyte is reliable vs for instance EVGA and ASUS because I really wanna get this card for its price but then EVGA has lifetime warranty and I know they have a good reputation for card reliability. Asus has some sweet cooling on theirs and they're pretty good too, reliability wise.
If someone could tell me if the gigabyte will not break down on me in like 3 years and it will hold up fine, that would be great.

Their marketing materials sure make a big deal about how they use "Ultra Durable" components and "GPU Gauntlet Sorting". I would hope they would be dependable cards. In my opinion, I think you can get a bunk card from anybody. I had an Asus GTX 480 that I had to RMA suddenly after about 6 months.

Go and just get an EVGA, they are overpriced and there isn't much that sets them apart from the rest most of the time but their customer service and warranty is what counts. As for Gigabyte their coolers are crap. I Got one of the gtx 460 and the design is well terrible like most out there. Performance is good.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You know Tom's Hardware has a card comparison...

The only problem with the comparison is that the card that won is no longer available. The rest of the article is still usefull.

There was one European forum poster who found the elusive Gigabyte SOC and bought one just last week. Either they are destined to be an exclusive first month collector's item, or the stock is being built up, and more will be available soon. It doesn't look good that Gigabyte is coming out with another SOC model clocked at 950 mhz. It seems that they were overly optimistic about their ability to yield sufficient quanitities of the 1 Ghz chip. If I was in the market for a GTX 560, and could find that Sparkle Calibre at 1 Ghz with the Arctic Cooling heatsink and even higher clocked memory, that would be the one to get.
sparkle-x560-calibre_2_x500.jpg

Have patience and I think you will see a Gigabyte SOC with 950 mhz core very soon. The Zotac AMP! card is clocked at 950 mhz, but the fan is a little loud. The Gigabyte will be whisper quiet.

perfrel.gif

jeff88rey

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
i juz bought the gigabyte 560 card last week.. it seems ok to me.. juz one problem that my computer freezes the first time i use it to play games.. however, it doesnt seem to occur again for now..

_tru_

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125362