Building gaming system some advice needed

MikeGib

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Hey there,

I was wondering if some1 could shed a little light to help me out because i have been grating my brain away for a few days now trying to decide which motherboard to go with in order to make my full order for the new system im building for gaming.

Here is some information on the parts on my list buying all my stuff from overclockers.

Case - Cooler Master HAF X Gaming Tower
CPU - Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz
Intel Liquid Cooling Solution CPU Cooler
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache

I have already bought the following:

MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC Twin FrozR II 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express

Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9 1866MHz Dual Channel

Motherboards ive been considering:

Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Intel Z77

Asus P8Z77 WS Intel Z77

Asus P8Z77-V PRO Intel Z77

Any advice i would appreciate and take into account.
Also i heard ivybrige wil be coming out next week do you reckon it may be worth waiting for it or just go with what i have here?

Thanks for you time

Mike.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Motherboards hit a plateu after around 250$ when it comes to how much performance you can suck out of them. As long as they have all the slots and features you want, and are from the 3 major brands out there, you're not going to be disappointed. (except if you try contacting customer support from gigabyte -shivers-)
Also, the 2600k is a complete waste of 100 monies for gamers. Save yourself the money and get a 2500k.
One last thing; intel liquid cooling solution... Not recommended. Unless you're using a real full loop system with a pump, reservoir, and radiator, you won't find any worthwhile advantage over big air.

MikeGib

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Thanks for your reply,
I think il go with the msi then it seems to have the features im wanting either that or the asus deluxe they seem to pretty much cut it.

As for the cooling could you recommend me a better option?

The current ssytem i have whcih im replacing uses a Freezer pro 6 if im not mistaken its about 3/4 years now this pc but it jsut dosent seem to convince me.