Tags:
  • Gigabyte
  • Cursor
  • BIOS
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
April 26, 2012 12:52:23 PM

Hi,

i choose to update my bios using @bios the other day because i was getting an error where my cursor became double the size and crashed my gfx driver. It went well for 2 days, but yesterday it couldnt start without me using the repair tool. Today it can't start at all... it offers me the option to repair again, but when i click it and starts to load, it will just sit at a blue windows baggrund and the repair program never launches. I can enter the bios and tried to reset to defaults, but this only gave me the option to switch from IDE to AHCI at startup.

Can anyone help?

More about : reboot bios update p55m ud2

a b V Motherboard
April 26, 2012 1:20:41 PM

let me get this straight...
Quote:
i was getting an error where my cursor became double the size and crashed my gfx driver.
So you were in windows when you got this error?
Quote:
It went well for 2 days, but yesterday it couldnt start without me using the repair tool
and all work well for 2 days before windows had more errors?

Sounds to me like you have a problem with your windows installation and that your BIOS was never the issue.

Blue screens are normaly a driver issue or RAM.

update all drivers try entering safe mode at startup ('f8')... run Memtest overnight.

P.S. have a great day
a b V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 12:23:09 AM

Which mode was it in when you did the original windows installation? ide or ahci? You need to make sure it's back where it was when you did the first os installation. When you get the repair tool option, is there also a start windows normally option? If so choose that. Do you still have the mobo driver disk or the os installation disk in the optical drive? if so remove them and try again.
a b V Motherboard
May 7, 2012 4:26:50 PM

+1 to suteck
!