SP Question...newbie here

Hi everyone! I would appreciate your input and opinion to help out this
old mom! :) I would rather hear from people who use these items instead
of those who sell them, which is why I'm here in the first place... I
purchased a Flame Gameboy SP for my 6 year old daughter yesterday. The LCD
screen has a white rectangle in the upper right corner. Everything else
seems to work fine. I can't return it to the store for what ever reason and
we're leaving for a trip in a few days which is why I bought the thing. Any
suggestions as to how to fix it?

One last question...she has a GBA and has done fine with it. But I would
like to get something to protect it. Some sort of cover. Any
reccomendations? Thanks in advance for all your help!

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:16:30 -0400, McBride wrote:

> Hi everyone! I would appreciate your input and opinion to help out this
> old mom! :) I would rather hear from people who use these items instead
> of those who sell them, which is why I'm here in the first place... I
> purchased a Flame Gameboy SP for my 6 year old daughter yesterday. The LCD
> screen has a white rectangle in the upper right corner. Everything else
> seems to work fine. I can't return it to the store for what ever reason and
> we're leaving for a trip in a few days which is why I bought the thing. Any
> suggestions as to how to fix it?

Take it back for another one, it's the only way.

> One last question...she has a GBA and has done fine with it. But I would
> like to get something to protect it. Some sort of cover. Any
> reccomendations? Thanks in advance for all your help!

There are many, just pick one you like.

"McBride" <mcbride@nospamsitestar.net> wrote in message news:<40d5fd7f_1@newsfeed.slurp.net>...
> Hi everyone! I would appreciate your input and opinion to help out this
> old mom! :) I would rather hear from people who use these items instead
> of those who sell them, which is why I'm here in the first place... I
> purchased a Flame Gameboy SP for my 6 year old daughter yesterday. The LCD
> screen has a white rectangle in the upper right corner. Everything else
> seems to work fine. I can't return it to the store for what ever reason and
> we're leaving for a trip in a few days which is why I bought the thing. Any
> suggestions as to how to fix it?

As the poster above said, it's not user repairable. You really do
need to exchange it for a new one where you purchased it. Unless you
didn't buy it brand new, that shouldn't be a problem.

> One last question...she has a GBA and has done fine with it. But I would
> like to get something to protect it. Some sort of cover. Any
> reccomendations? Thanks in advance for all your help!

I have been using Pelican's case (seen here:
http://store.yahoo.com/able-america/wapakgbapeac.html ) and have been
quite pleased with it. It has enough room to hold the SP and about
six games, as well as a headphone adapter. You can also buy it in a
"starter pack" with some other useful accessories (and a useless
screen magnifier) for a pretty good price. Check that out here:
http://tinyurl.com/29ayy

eBay is a great place to get these kind of things, just don't get
scammed by people who gouge on shipping like this guy -
http://tinyurl.com/2nlva

Hope that helps.

Charlie

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:16:30 -0400, "McBride"
<mcbride@nospamsitestar.net> wrote:

> Hi everyone! I would appreciate your input and opinion to help out this
>old mom! :) I would rather hear from people who use these items instead
>of those who sell them, which is why I'm here in the first place... I
>purchased a Flame Gameboy SP for my 6 year old daughter yesterday. The LCD
>screen has a white rectangle in the upper right corner. Everything else
>seems to work fine. I can't return it to the store for what ever reason and
>we're leaving for a trip in a few days which is why I bought the thing. Any
>suggestions as to how to fix it?
>
>One last question...she has a GBA and has done fine with it. But I would
>like to get something to protect it. Some sort of cover. Any
>reccomendations? Thanks in advance for all your help!

If you just got it yesterday you should be able to take it back to the
store.

Take it back and get another.

McBride <mcbride@nospamsitestar.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone! I would appreciate your input and opinion to help
> out this old mom! :) I would rather hear from people who use these
> items instead of those who sell them, which is why I'm here in the
> first place... I purchased a Flame Gameboy SP for my 6 year old
> daughter yesterday. The LCD screen has a white rectangle in the
> upper right corner. Everything else seems to work fine. I can't
> return it to the store for what ever reason and we're leaving for a
> trip in a few days which is why I bought the thing. Any suggestions
> as to how to fix it?

To reiterate: YOU CANNOT FIX THIS. This is a ridiculously common SP defect,
and is either a dead pixel or dust under the screen (which can actually be
worse, and is visible while the system is off). I bought mine at Best Buy,
discovered the defect, and exchanged it the next day. DO NOT give up.. I
have heard stories of people going through 4 SP until they got a good one.
It's worth it, though... don't settle for an $100 product that is less than
perfect.

> One last question...she has a GBA and has done fine with it. But I
> would like to get something to protect it. Some sort of cover. Any
> reccomendations? Thanks in advance for all your help!

I bought a Pelican Power Pack, which includes rechargeable battery, Hand
Grips, and a cover/light (which is REALLY great). There are MANY cover/light
3rd party accessories, and Nintendo actually makes a barebones screen cover.
If you stroll around any GameStop (aka Babbages/Funcoland/whatever) or
EBgames (aka EBX/Electronics Boutique) you'll be sure to see a large variety
of choices.

--
Deep Thought