Differences between P67, H77 & Z77

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightzz

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Hello,

I am trying to build a gaming rig to play D3, WoW, LoL and CS at 1920x1080 with max settings. I'm leaning towards the i5-2400 or the i5-3550(coming out in a few days?) matched with a 7770 card.

Is a P67 sufficient or is there a reason for me to go H77 or the Z77?

Thank you for your time.

AdrianPerry

Distinguished
See link for differences: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

Personally I wouldn't go P67. It's pretty much discontinued now.

If your getting the i5-2400, it's a non-overclockable processor so there's not much reason to pay out for a Z68/Z77. The new B75 is going to be your best option, really nice cheap motherboard but with solid features all the same.

Buying a B75 motherboard might also open up your budget to buy a graphics card another tier higher, 7850 or similar.

Post us a budget or post in the New Build section of these forums and we will see how much performance we can squeeze from your budget :)

knightzz

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Thanks for the wiki link on the LGA 1155. All of the different types of mobos looked very confusing until I saw the breakdown on the differences.

I posted this up and a someone recommended a i5-3550 on a ASRock H77M with a 7770 or a 7850 depending on how much money I have. I'll post what I'm looking on here as well to get a different perspective since you brought up a B75.

Approximate Purchase Date: 2 weeks

Budget Range: $800(more or less)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Mostly games like D3, WoW, CS and LoL

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg & Amazon

Parts Preferences: by brand or type:

Overclocking: Maybe if it's not too difficult

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I would like to be able to play the games listed with max settings and I don't mind paying extra for quality parts. Thank you all for your time and I really appreciate your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.