HOW TO GET MORE PORTS ON VERIZON FIOS NETWORK.

Hello,
HOW TO GET MORE PORTS ON VERIZON FIOS NETWORK. VERIZON ROUTER ONLY COMES WITH 4 AND I NEED 3 MORE PORTS UPSTAIRS FOR INTERNET READY DVR'S, BLUE RAY PLAYER WITH INTERNET AND I NEED TO EXTEND WIRELESS SIGNAL STRENGTH FOR OTHER LAPTOP ON 2ND FLOOR.
2 answers Last reply
More about ports verizon fios network
  1. Buy a switch and plug it into one of the ports on the router. A switch will run about $50 or so, run a cable from the router to the switch (just like connecting another device) and then you can run cables from the switch to your other devices (DVRs).
  2. Kristyrich77 said:
    Hello,
    HOW TO GET MORE PORTS ON VERIZON FIOS NETWORK. VERIZON ROUTER ONLY COMES WITH 4 AND I NEED 3 MORE PORTS UPSTAIRS FOR INTERNET READY DVR'S, BLUE RAY PLAYER WITH INTERNET AND I NEED TO EXTEND WIRELESS SIGNAL STRENGTH FOR OTHER LAPTOP ON 2ND FLOOR.

I had the same problem. Purchased a Cisco Hub (8 port) for $75,00. Hooked all my computers to the hub then a single cable from the hub to the fios modem/router. This allows other computers to see each other which was my main problem. Hope this helps. Ralph
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Verizon Internet Networking