Can you install 2 ASUS GTS450 cards on GIGABYTE motherboard

elitekaratellc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Can I install 2 ASUS GTS450 graphics card on GIGABYTE
GA-890GPA-UD3H motherboard? I see the MB talks about ATI but nothing about ASUS cards being bridged? Any ideas?

Yes but it is not a sli enabled board so you will need the software hack to enable sli. If you don't have two gts 450 then just get a cheap 6850 instead. If you already own one gts 450 and looking to sli to boost things then you should consider that sli hack may not work so it isn't worth the second gts 450 to upgrade.

kennyj313

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that as nforce4max said, you COULD try to use a software hack, although I would assume that's beyond your level of comfort. Even if you were comfortable with doing it, it's really hit or miss, and from what I've read/ heard the success rates aren't too high.

Like nforce4max, I would also recommend picking up a newer card instead. I'm guessing you already have one 450, so you could always sell that and upgrade to a 6850. The 6850 is a really nice balance of price/ performance, and I would guess it's right around where your price range is.

elitekaratellc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011

Thanks so much for the advise. the card does support SLI so does the MB. Here's a link to what I have:
http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=DiFhoOKN0DvrvArQ
Having said that, price is not a problem so please advise on what you'd consider the best?

I'm running:
Win 7 Pro
16GB RAM
3TB HD
Phenom II X6 1090T (6 x 3.2GHz - 9MB Cache - 4000 FSB)
GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H MB

Again, I appreciate your time!