Dell C640 Laptop - Where do I find the service tag?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 17, 2005 5:31:50 PM

Im trying to use latitude.exe to get the master password but I cant
seem to find a service tag # ....does anyone know much about this
laptop? I bought it from an estate sale and the original owner is
dead...dell wont work with me since the original owner didnt transfer
ownership and since he is dead, thats not a possibility.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 17, 2005 10:14:27 PM

there should be a white bar-code sticker on the bottom of the laptop with
the service tag number on it.

"prettyshowgirl" <pretty_show_girl000@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote
in message news:428a2a86$1_2@alt.athenanews.com...
> Im trying to use latitude.exe to get the master password but I cant
> seem to find a service tag # ....does anyone know much about this
> laptop? I bought it from an estate sale and the original owner is
> dead...dell wont work with me since the original owner didnt transfer
> ownership and since he is dead, thats not a possibility.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 17, 2005 10:32:47 PM

"prettyshowgirl" <pretty_show_girl000@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote
in message news:428a2a86$1_2@alt.athenanews.com...
> Im trying to use latitude.exe to get the master password but I cant
> seem to find a service tag # ....does anyone know much about this
> laptop? I bought it from an estate sale and the original owner is
> dead...dell wont work with me since the original owner didnt transfer
> ownership and since he is dead, thats not a possibility.

If the sticker Joe mentioned is not there go to Dell Support @
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/supp...
and click on "Find my Service Tag." (if you don't have one you'll have to
create an account I believe)

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.