Is it possible to upgrade a 2.0 speaker set to 4.0

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
hi, i currently own the Gigaworks T20 series II, and have just purchased the Gigaworks T40 series II. I am just wondering if i also buy a sound card, possibly the Creative Fatality. I have Two Questions, Will i be able to add the T40's to my computer, and play music out of all 4 speakerS? ( im pretty sure the answer is yes) My other more important question is, will the 4 speakers just play as two stereo sets, or will i able able to split the speakers to create a 4.0 set, rather than have then have the speakers play the exact same thing. ( more like a home theater system, so it can play the music based on location)
http://www.amazon.com/Express-Blaster-Titanium-Fatal1ty-Champion/dp/B001BDPLJA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1312955642&sr=8-4

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
well the plugging in im not worried about i figured if i plugged it in it would work, my main question is, will it send the X sound to Speaker set 1 and X sound to speakerset 2 (where X is the exact same sound), Or will it send sound X to speaker set 1 and Y sound to speakerset 2. Meaning if i watch a movie, i dont want set 1 to play the exact same sounds as set 2, i want to have set one play the front audio, while pair two is playing either the side or back.

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

also since im already in this thread, is the soundcard good enough for my use, should i get a better one?

MEgamer

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
ir going to send different channels to the front and the rear, u will need a sound chip(card) that can provide stereo upmixing post processing effects. like dolby digital - pro logic, or even the virtual speaker

kilerz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

so that means that the fatality card wont work, whats a good sound card that can do what im looking for. i was looking at the asus D2x sound card cuz it had a feature i like, it allows me to put my speaker setup in a virtual room, is there something less expensive than $200?