Is it possible to upgrade a 2.0 speaker set to 4.0

Tags:
  • Sound Cards
  • Speakers
  • Music
  • Components
Last response: in Components
August 10, 2011 6:01:01 AM

hi, i currently own the Gigaworks T20 series II, and have just purchased the Gigaworks T40 series II. I am just wondering if i also buy a sound card, possibly the Creative Fatality. I have Two Questions, Will i be able to add the T40's to my computer, and play music out of all 4 speakerS? ( im pretty sure the answer is yes) My other more important question is, will the 4 speakers just play as two stereo sets, or will i able able to split the speakers to create a 4.0 set, rather than have then have the speakers play the exact same thing. ( more like a home theater system, so it can play the music based on location)
http://www.amazon.com/Express-Blaster-Titanium-Fatal1ty...

More about : upgrade speaker set

August 10, 2011 12:09:07 PM

You can split the speakers without issue; thats probably the cheapest way to get surround sound: Use multiple 2.0 speaker sets.
m
l
August 10, 2011 2:31:20 PM

plug one to the green jack, and the other set to the blue jack... simple.
m
l
Related resources
August 10, 2011 5:56:52 PM

well the plugging in im not worried about i figured if i plugged it in it would work, my main question is, will it send the X sound to Speaker set 1 and X sound to speakerset 2 (where X is the exact same sound), Or will it send sound X to speaker set 1 and Y sound to speakerset 2. Meaning if i watch a movie, i dont want set 1 to play the exact same sounds as set 2, i want to have set one play the front audio, while pair two is playing either the side or back.
m
l
August 10, 2011 5:59:19 PM

im also assuming i can buy a separate subwoofer, and hook it into channel 3 have have it play only the bass right
m
l
August 10, 2011 6:12:47 PM

gamerk316 said:
You can split the speakers without issue; thats probably the cheapest way to get surround sound: Use multiple 2.0 speaker sets.

also since im already in this thread, is the soundcard good enough for my use, should i get a better one?
m
l
August 11, 2011 3:39:52 AM

ir going to send different channels to the front and the rear, u will need a sound chip(card) that can provide stereo upmixing post processing effects. like dolby digital - pro logic, or even the virtual speaker
m
l
August 11, 2011 4:11:00 AM

MEgamer said:
ir going to send different channels to the front and the rear, u will need a sound chip(card) that can provide stereo upmixing post processing effects. like dolby digital - pro logic, or even the virtual speaker

so that means that the fatality card wont work, whats a good sound card that can do what im looking for. i was looking at the asus D2x sound card cuz it had a feature i like, it allows me to put my speaker setup in a virtual room, is there something less expensive than $200?
m
l
August 11, 2011 5:20:38 AM

im sure the fatality card has dolby digital live software.
m
l
!