Sign in with
Your question

RAM and fan problem

Last response: in Systems
May 14, 2011 7:07:23 PM

Just yesterday I built my first computer but I have been having some trouble. The main things that have given me trouble are my fans, my thermaltake frio, my two gskills ripjaws 4g ram, and my Asus P8P67-M motherboard.

The trouble with the fans. I switched the back fan from cha_fan1 to cha_fan2, and it only spins if I give it a flick with my finger, at which point it starts up and spins on its own. I have the top thermaltake fan in cpu_fan, and I have the bottom thermaltake fan in cha_fan1 and they both spin now. The fan in the front of the case is in pwr_fan and it spins.

My RAM problem is that the thermaltake frio blocks off the two slots closest to the cpu. When I have one RAM in the farthest blue slot the computer will boot up and then it will make a beep, and then on the monitor it will say "Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". If I have a RAM in the gray and the blue slot the computer starts up, then turns off, and then starts up again but nothing is displayed on the monitor and the computer does not make a beep.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

More about : ram fan problem

May 14, 2011 7:34:35 PM

Please list all your parts.
Case?
Fans?
PSU?

Can you re-orient the cooler to blow up instead of towards the back? And would that free up the first blue slot? You don't need the black slot.
m
l
!