ASUS AX550 512mb

G

Hello,
have some problems with my asus extrema ax550 card (512mb) ... if i check a systemrequirements site for example systemrequirementslab.com it says a lot of game has to work perfectly in my computer but if i try them they aren't have fps laggs and have so low fps with low graph settings too .. can you solve it ? i bought this card as a gamer card 2years ago ... thanks

If your card functions and the drivers are installed then it is working as designed.

Your CPU is usually what limits how good of a graphics card you can put in your system. An older X2-4800+ AMD CPU will be maxed out with an HD4770. On the other hand, a modern i7-860 can handle about TWO of the HD5870's.

Does this game work?
In general, I look at the MINIMUM and RECOMMENDED requirements. I would never get a game that didn't have components which were at least half-way BETWEEN these requirements. I'd NEVER try to play a game using the minimum recommended. Often it's the graphics card which is most important.

The best way to get games is to play DEMOS first. There are some newer and many older games that are great.

So forget about Dragon Age, Mass Effect etc.

If you need to turn down settings, start with:
1. Resolution
2. Anti-Aliasing
2. Shadows

Some people can't stand jagged edges and would rather reduce texture quality and turn up AA for sharper lines so you need to experiment.

I recommend going to Gamespot and finding games with good recommendations and downloading demos if possible so you can find a few games that run great.

A LIST of good games that should run fairly well on modest systems. I recommend using STEAM to find demos and purchase (demos may not be available at steam but may be elsewhere. Google like this: "game name" demo (quotes around game name with more than one word, a SPACE then the word demo).

My LIST of potential games for you:
1. Deus Ex (#1)
2. KOTOR (knights of the old republic, #1. Play at 4x3 such as 1600x1200. Force AA if possible, Google on how.
3. Aliens vs Predator Classic (or #2)
4. Dawn of War Soulstorm (Warhammer 40,000)
5. Halo #1

I'm really not sure how well your system will respond so I kept the list short. Many games run nicely with Valve's engine (Left4Dead, Portal, Half-Life 2). If so, the "Orange Box" is a great deal. Try a demo of HL2 or L4D.

This list should help. Some modern games will look and play nice. I'd focus on games from 2003-2007. List by YEAR, then scroll down and look at the list.
http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?type=games&platform=5&mode=all&sort=views&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc&official=all

*I meant list by SCORE (highest at top), then scroll down and glance at the YEAR.

Diablo is #1 (score of 9.6) but it's quality is really low now.

World of Warcraft is older, but has been updated and optimized. It performs BETTER than any other game if you compare hardware usage. It's subscription based obviously but I thought I'd mention it. You should try a TRIAL if you haven't tried one before. It's not worth the money to me but you might like it if you've never tried it.

NOLF (No One Lives Forever). It came out in 2000 and is still a pretty good game, so maybe you should go back as far as 2000.

STEAM:
Install STEAM and look around. Sales often come up or older games are simply inexpensive. You can probably LIST by rating, find demos (or download elsewhere) then purchase through STEAM if they work well on your system.

In STEAM, do this:
STORE-> Single Player-> METASCORE