Can I SLI DCU II on P9X79 Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vosszaa

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
I'm about to buy Asus P9X79 Pro for my new rig but upon investigation, according to this diagram: http://i.imgur.com/IBB3z.jpg If I wanna SLI my graphics cards then I have to use PCI-E slot #1 and #5 and use a long SLI bridge.

Then what's got me worried is if I wanna SLI DCU II cards which is a 3 slots card, would that be a problem on the bottom card? (PCI-E slot #5)

The problem I'm thinking right now is, because I'm using Corsair 650D case(mid tower 8 expansion slot) and I'm worried that the bottom card might be very close, or in worst case, might even touch the PSU.

Can anyone comment on this?

Solution
Welcome to Tom's Forum! :)

The ASUS P9X79 Pro comes with the required SLI bridges for both 2-WAY and 3-WAY SLI. The triple width GPU does fit both on the MOBO and in the case. The bottom GPU will also cover a good portion of the bottom edge headers, but there's enough room to 90-degree those header wires. No doubt the bottom GPU is hovering about finger width above the PSU, but that's enough for proper air flow.
Welcome to Tom's Forum! :)

The ASUS P9X79 Pro comes with the required SLI bridges for both 2-WAY and 3-WAY SLI. The triple width GPU does fit both on the MOBO and in the case. The bottom GPU will also cover a good portion of the bottom edge headers, but there's enough room to 90-degree those header wires. No doubt the bottom GPU is hovering about finger width above the PSU, but that's enough for proper air flow.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.