Sign in with
Your question

ASRock or Other

Last response: in Motherboards
April 27, 2012 2:58:57 PM

Hey all,
I have decided to wait for the release of Ivy Bridge to purchase a CPU, but I am trying to gather all other hardware components before the release, so it can hopefully be a drop in and play function.

Things I have:

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850M 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Semi Modular High Performance Power Supply

Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC

Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Don't have a video card yet, leaning toward the EVGA FERMI 560, although I may hold off for the new GTX 680 if its not crazy $$ (looking to spend around 250.00-300$ for vid. card)

I want to make sure the MoBo will take full advantage of the Ivy Bridge technology when it gets released (most likely after a bios update...?)

Will be mostly used for heavy gaming. Looking to get 16gb memory so I wont have to upgrade for a few years, and a MoBo that has multiple PCI e x3.0 slots available.

What would be the best kind of Mobo + memory combo. I have spent a lot of time researching ASRock, and Mushkin for the combo, but wanted to see what the community thinks. Willing to drop up to 130 $ ish for the memory, and another 250$ ish for a mo bo ....

Thanks for all input !

More about : asrock

a b V Motherboard
April 28, 2012 7:20:41 AM

Asrock Z77 fatality Professional? $220
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4/6-140$-170
Corsair 16GB 1600mhz 4x4-around 90$
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
April 28, 2012 8:05:17 AM

gzjonny said:
Hey all,
I have decided to wait for the release of Ivy Bridge to purchase a CPU, but I am trying to gather all other hardware components before the release, so it can hopefully be a drop in and play function.

Things I have:

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850M 850W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Semi Modular High Performance Power Supply

Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC

Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Don't have a video card yet, leaning toward the EVGA FERMI 560, although I may hold off for the new GTX 680 if its not crazy $$ (looking to spend around 250.00-300$ for vid. card)

I want to make sure the MoBo will take full advantage of the Ivy Bridge technology when it gets released (most likely after a bios update...?)

Will be mostly used for heavy gaming. Looking to get 16gb memory so I wont have to upgrade for a few years, and a MoBo that has multiple PCI e x3.0 slots available.

What would be the best kind of Mobo + memory combo. I have spent a lot of time researching ASRock, and Mushkin for the combo, but wanted to see what the community thinks. Willing to drop up to 130 $ ish for the memory, and another 250$ ish for a mo bo ....

Thanks for all input !

Hi there,

I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile.

And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.

m
l
Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
April 28, 2012 8:48:03 AM

Watch the video : )

m
l
!