Compatibility - ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe & Radeon HD 7750

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchn

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Hello,
I've got an old ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard and was thinking of getting a new VGA - a Radeon HD 7750.
Do you think there might be issues?

Thanks!

Solution
None the less it will still bottleneck the card.

Simply put, yes the card will work. However you will not be able to use the full potential of the card.
There probably would be issues...

The board you currently has is PCIe 1.0 x16

That GPU is PCIe 3.0 x16

Even if the card was recognized properly, you would have a lot of stuttering, as the card would be much faster than the interface, so it would have to slow down the data transfer, which would be seen as stuttering, or sluggish performance

I can't verify this from experience. But...

You have an interface that can transfer a MAX of 4GB/s to the card.

You have a card that is looking to be able to transfer 16GB/s.

Your card will be severely neutered by the MB's ability to communicate over the PCIe Bus.

sirphunkee

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
I have the same motherboard, and am running a new Radeon HD 7850 on it, and I'm able to get 50+ FPS in BF3, with all settings on high (with a 3.0GB Phenom X4 940BE). So, the bandwith limit of the PCI-E 1.0 bus doesn't seem to have much of an effect on the real-world performance you'll see.

The game does have a minor stutter while playing (I came across this thread when researching it), but there's no corresponding framerate drop. I'm 99.9% sure that it's related to the fact I only have 4GB system RAM...I expect the issue to clear up when I add a couple more GB of RAM and move to 64bit Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.