New i5 unlocked build, amd fanboy no more!

jerseygamer

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
I had another thread going about my new build. I 3d game on a 3d 51 inch samsung plasma at 1920x1080. After getting alot of advice and seeing how Intel finaly released an unlocked cpu in a reasonable price range I am going to reward them with my patronage. The thread was titled for amd so the intel boys dont pay much mind to it:)

Basicly I have my case. I have a great pcie sound card. I have storage nailed down. I just purchased for 100$ each 2 brand new asus 6950 directu cu2 2gig cards(3 slot giants). I plan on getting the new unlocked sandy i5 for sure and ocing the piss out of it. I can handle my cooler pick. Im pretty sure I know what to do with ram as well. My problem currently is with the release of these new fantastic value cpu there doesnt seam to be one single true 16x16 motherboard around. I have the chance to go balls to the wall here in performance with a nice xfire setup and a cpu that should have no problem keeping up. Problem is the 16x8 in xfire is bugging the hell outa me. I dont see any real data out there that seams trustworthy. Its so up and down based on the application and the comination of cpu and gpus used.

Can anyone shine a light on this? Im not even close to being able to comfortably pick my mb. Intel fanboyism welcome:)

There are no 16x/ 16x socket 1155 motherboards because many of the old north bridge functions are built right in to the cpu , and intel didnt make enough pci-e lanes available .
There are boards that use an nForce chipset as a south bridge to add more lanes but they dont give any real advantage, and sometimes slow things down .
8x/8x wont make a measurable difference anyway .

Now about this fanboy talk .
The intel 32 nm cpu's are awesome and oc really well
BUT
AMD's "bulldozer " cpu's are a few weeks away and they are 32 nm too and will have all the same advantages . They are architecturally very different and the leaked information looks like they should hold their own or better with the intel .

If you can wait till after the 20th of june ...........