Formatting and Clean Installation

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Hey everyone,

so I can't format my HDD. What I mean by this is I will have the Windows 7 disk sitting in my CD Drive and I will restart my computer. I will press the function buttons and also try the DEL button but it only takes me to Advanced Boot Settings. Before it would take me straight to a blue box with my CD drive and HDD drives options in there to choose to boot from. Now it doesn't I also found out that I can't even press a function button to take me to the BIOS because it just keeps taking me to the Advanced Boot Settings. What the heck am I to do? Any suggestions are appreciated.

My Specs:

MOBO: MSI 760GM - P33 Micro ATX Motherboard
RAM: 4GB Kingstom Hyper - X Blu 2x2GB
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 B55 @ 3.30GHz
Graphics Card: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 550 TI (OC) (1GB, GDDR5)
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750W
HDD: Maxtor 7H500F0 500GB HDD
Case: Rosewill Destroyer ATX Mid - Tower Black Steel Gaming Case

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
That's just the problem though, I can't even get into my BIOS right now. Any button I push won't do the trick, instead they will just keep sending me to the advanced boot settings.

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Hmmm, I can't even get into there. What the heck is going on? I am also looking into buying a new motherboard. It is a BIOSTAR motherboard and I am going to get 2 more RAM sticks of the same RAM so I will have 8GB's of RAM as well as a new motherboard.

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
That's what I am trying to say is that I can't enter my BIOS or anything at all. Everytime I press f10, f2, f8 or any f keys for that matter it doesn't take me to the BIOS...

lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011

the key to bios should be {delete}

kieshon

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Yeah this is so wierd. It didn't work for a whole day and then last night I decided to try it and then when I did it worked. I don't know why it did that but I worked last night. Thanks for all of the help everyone! :)

Also CMOS battery may be low on power.
I would replace the battery ... 2032CR model
cmos_battery1.jpg