Sign in with
Your question

Starcraft 2 HD 5770 low fps

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 7, 2011 5:10:23 PM

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing low fps when playing Starcraft 2 with my new HD 5770. It runs perfect but every 5-6 seconds I get a quicck lag that lasts about a second. The reccomended settings according to starcraft 2 is extreme watever the most is. The fps range from 19-32 when playing. I don't understand. I have a dual core 2.8 amd processor. 5 Gigs of ddr2 ram. Windows 7 32bit. 1 TB Sata harddrive.

More about : starcraft 5770 low fps

a b U Graphics card
March 7, 2011 5:14:04 PM

What resolution are you playing at?

5gbs of ram? Are you even running that in dual channel mode? Are you aware you can't use even 4gb of ram in a 32bit os anyways?

What hdd do you have? Do you have the latest AMD drivers? Is this a problem with just this game or every game?

m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
March 7, 2011 5:23:06 PM

Also make absolutely sure you're not forcing AA through catalyst. Also SC2 is CPU heavy, and a 2.8ghz dual core probably is struggling. And finally, stutters like that can be caused by HDD access... if your HDD is more than 70% full then your access read/write speeds are going to be drastically lowered plus as pointed out with a 32 bit OS installed you can only use ~3.5gb of your RAM and if the RAM is filling up when gaming it's just going to compound the issue.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 8, 2011 12:36:51 PM

I was going to mention that the cpu is likely a bottleneck, but didn't want to start a flame war with the resident children.
m
l
!