Starcraft 2 HD 5770 low fps

Alexhollywood1

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Hello,

I'm currently experiencing low fps when playing Starcraft 2 with my new HD 5770. It runs perfect but every 5-6 seconds I get a quicck lag that lasts about a second. The reccomended settings according to starcraft 2 is extreme watever the most is. The fps range from 19-32 when playing. I don't understand. I have a dual core 2.8 amd processor. 5 Gigs of ddr2 ram. Windows 7 32bit. 1 TB Sata harddrive.

What resolution are you playing at?

5gbs of ram? Are you even running that in dual channel mode? Are you aware you can't use even 4gb of ram in a 32bit os anyways?

What hdd do you have? Do you have the latest AMD drivers? Is this a problem with just this game or every game?

Also make absolutely sure you're not forcing AA through catalyst. Also SC2 is CPU heavy, and a 2.8ghz dual core probably is struggling. And finally, stutters like that can be caused by HDD access... if your HDD is more than 70% full then your access read/write speeds are going to be drastically lowered plus as pointed out with a 32 bit OS installed you can only use ~3.5gb of your RAM and if the RAM is filling up when gaming it's just going to compound the issue.