Sign in with
Your question

Compatible memory?

Last response: in Motherboards
April 28, 2012 4:03:32 PM

I'm slowly putting together a single processor work station build for 3D use (3DS Max modeling/ rendering). I recently picked up the following from Newegg on sale.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL ...... "A 32 gig set"

I am planning on getting the Asus P9X79 WS Motherboard in the not to distant future (months). My question is .....

"Will this memory work in that motherboard?"

I checked the compatible memory PDF from Asus but did not find it on the list. I didn't find any 32 or 64 gig packages on the list. I did find these on the list however.

~F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL(XMP) ........ "A 16 gig set"

I won't be able to test it in the MB until I get the MB and that could be months. At that point I will not be able to return it to Newegg. I know there are no guarantees when it comes to compatibility of memory not on the list. Dealing with manufactures versus Newegg is the route I will have to take building a computer like this. Just trying to save myself some headache down the road I guess.

Any thoughts would appreciated ...

Ainshent

More about : compatible memory

a b V Motherboard
April 28, 2012 4:20:05 PM

Yes that memory will work. Even if it isn't on the support list most memory will work as long as it is 1.5V and a compatible speed.
m
l
April 28, 2012 5:25:29 PM

Excellent ....... thank you for the reply.
m
l
Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
a c 146 } Memory
April 28, 2012 8:16:13 PM

ainshent said:
I'm slowly putting together a single processor work station build for 3D use (3DS Max modeling/ rendering). I recently picked up the following from Newegg on sale.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL ...... "A 32 gig set"

I am planning on getting the Asus P9X79 WS Motherboard in the not to distant future (months). My question is .....

"Will this memory work in that motherboard?"

I checked the compatible memory PDF from Asus but did not find it on the list. I didn't find any 32 or 64 gig packages on the list. I did find these on the list however.

~F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL(XMP) ........ "A 16 gig set"

I won't be able to test it in the MB until I get the MB and that could be months. At that point I will not be able to return it to Newegg. I know there are no guarantees when it comes to compatibility of memory not on the list. Dealing with manufactures versus Newegg is the route I will have to take building a computer like this. Just trying to save myself some headache down the road I guess.

Any thoughts would appreciated ...

Ainshent

Hi there,

Why don't u get this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Its 1 kit, so it is optimized to work all as one.

And it is faster and u want faster for 3D!
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a c 146 } Memory
April 28, 2012 8:17:18 PM

m
l
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2012 2:45:56 AM

He already bought that memory he has listed.
m
l
May 6, 2012 11:02:25 AM

nikorr said:
Hi there,

Why don't u get this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Its 1 kit, so it is optimized to work all as one.

And it is faster and u want faster for 3D!

I see you linked a 64 gig package as well as a step up in speed. When and how much of a difference would one expect with this type of upgrade compared to what I have? Faster rendering? Faster view port manipulation? Again, returning what I have is not a big deal .... the 32 gig package I have was $175 with free shipping.

Thank you for the reply and suggestion
m
l
!