Compatible memory?

I'm slowly putting together a single processor work station build for 3D use (3DS Max modeling/ rendering). I recently picked up the following from Newegg on sale.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL ...... "A 32 gig set"

I am planning on getting the Asus P9X79 WS Motherboard in the not to distant future (months). My question is .....

"Will this memory work in that motherboard?"

I checked the compatible memory PDF from Asus but did not find it on the list. I didn't find any 32 or 64 gig packages on the list. I did find these on the list however.

~F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL(XMP) ........ "A 16 gig set"

I won't be able to test it in the MB until I get the MB and that could be months. At that point I will not be able to return it to Newegg. I know there are no guarantees when it comes to compatibility of memory not on the list. Dealing with manufactures versus Newegg is the route I will have to take building a computer like this. Just trying to save myself some headache down the road I guess.

Any thoughts would appreciated ...

Ainshent
6 answers Last reply
More about compatible memory
  1. Yes that memory will work. Even if it isn't on the support list most memory will work as long as it is 1.5V and a compatible speed.
  2. Excellent ....... thank you for the reply.
  3. ainshent said:
    I'm slowly putting together a single processor work station build for 3D use (3DS Max modeling/ rendering). I recently picked up the following from Newegg on sale.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL ...... "A 32 gig set"

I am planning on getting the Asus P9X79 WS Motherboard in the not to distant future (months). My question is .....

"Will this memory work in that motherboard?"

I checked the compatible memory PDF from Asus but did not find it on the list. I didn't find any 32 or 64 gig packages on the list. I did find these on the list however.

~F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL(XMP) ........ "A 16 gig set"

I won't be able to test it in the MB until I get the MB and that could be months. At that point I will not be able to return it to Newegg. I know there are no guarantees when it comes to compatibility of memory not on the list. Dealing with manufactures versus Newegg is the route I will have to take building a computer like this. Just trying to save myself some headache down the road I guess.

Any thoughts would appreciated ...

Ainshent

Hi there,

Why don't u get this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231508

Its 1 kit, so it is optimized to work all as one.

And it is faster and u want faster for 3D!
  4. He already bought that memory he has listed.
  5. nikorr said:
    Hi there,

Why don't u get this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231508

Its 1 kit, so it is optimized to work all as one.

And it is faster and u want faster for 3D!

I see you linked a 64 gig package as well as a step up in speed. When and how much of a difference would one expect with this type of upgrade compared to what I have? Faster rendering? Faster view port manipulation? Again, returning what I have is not a big deal .... the 32 gig package I have was $175 with free shipping.

Thank you for the reply and suggestion
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Compatibility Memory Product