Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best mid-sized cases?

Last response: in Components
August 11, 2011 4:38:28 AM

Just want to know which the best mid-sized cases are these days. Is the Antec LanBoy Air one of the best?

More about : mid sized cases

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
August 11, 2011 5:32:39 AM

depends on your needs. if quiet is your main goal then antec wont do, you want to be looking at zalman cases
if cooling is your main goal then antec and coolermaster have a good track record.
if style is your thing then it becomes a very personal choice...

for me i like the haf-x series and the antec 902 they are well stocked with reliable fans that have good cfm although they can be a little on the noisy side when there going full tilt.
August 11, 2011 6:47:53 AM

HEXiT said:
depends on your needs. if quiet is your main goal then antec wont do, you want to be looking at zalman cases
if cooling is your main goal then antec and coolermaster have a good track record.
if style is your thing then it becomes a very personal choice...

for me i like the haf-x series and the antec 902 they are well stocked with reliable fans that have good cfm although they can be a little on the noisy side when there going full tilt.

My main goal is cooling. I would go for a HAF X but it's too big. I'll consider the HAF 922 though.
m
l
Related resources
August 11, 2011 6:59:22 AM

I bought the CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic(without side acrylic window) for R799 (equates to $120 give or take) and it is perfect for what it offers.

Half the cost of the HAF series.
m
l
August 11, 2011 7:12:33 AM

sarinaide said:
I bought the CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic(without side acrylic window) for R799 (equates to $120 give or take) and it is perfect for what it offers.

Half the cost of the HAF series.

The only drawback with the CM 690 is that is doesn't have front USB or audio.
m
l
August 11, 2011 8:34:07 AM

pckitty4427 said:
The only drawback with the CM 690 is that is doesn't have front USB or audio.

It is contained all on the top front so as to leave the front panel uninhibited. The CM Centurion and Gladiator Range have the front USB/Audio connections but are very basic in comparison for not a whole lot less.

I like what the 690 II can do inside, thinking in the box as they say. The same practicality that is seen in high end Chassis.
m
l
August 11, 2011 4:13:45 PM

I personally have a Temjin Tj07 but i just built a midsize computer for my Dad and used a Coolermaster Sileo 500 Black Case, worked out pretty well.
m
l
August 18, 2011 3:41:20 AM

Best answer selected by pckitty4427.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
November 10, 2011 4:28:52 AM

thanx
m
l
!