2gb usuable 4gb installed

G

Hello,
ive read many threads about processes whcih can be checked to resolve this issue i have completed the following checks,

*Update bios
* Bios states 2047mb not 4mb
*windows 64 bit ultimate states 4bg installed, 2gb usuable
*ms config un checked maximum memory
*Resource monitor 2050mb hardware reserved
*cpz u validate to see if memory is compatible which is fine, ive also tried my dads ram and it showed 8gb installed but only 4bg usuable.

so any other ideas or is it the bent cpu pin?

Any ideas appreciated

Thank you very much :)

G

but i also mentioned that ive tried my dads ram from his comp and its has a similar error. putting 8gb in total in windows states only 4gb is usuable. :S so i doubt both different ram sticks are faulty

G

ASUS P7P55D-E PRO - P55 Express - Socket 1156 - PCI-E 2.0 - DDR3 2200(OC) - SLI + CrossFireX - 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 - USB 3.0 - SATA 6Gb/s - SATA RAID - ATX

corsair domintator GT 2 x 2mb
CM3X2G1600C9DHX

on your dad pc the ram was reading right. if he has windows 32 bit. the max windows 32bit can see is 4g. with windows 7 64 bit the max it 16g. your issue is an easy one to fix. you have to replace the ram. some mb and some chipsets dont like two sidded ram modules or dd ram for short. when you install them they only read 1/2 of the ram installed. before you buy another ram kit or call for an ram look at the mb updated ram list and look ar cruscial memory advisor. put in your make and model of your mb.

G

can u explain why reseting the bios would help? thanks

G

ok guys, my ram spec does not show up in my motherboard spec book. so would this explain why it appears windows and my bios only picks up 2gb of the ram? or would it not work at all if it was not compatible?

can u explain why reseting the bios would help? thanks
OK, I don't know what is the state of your BIOS, how much it was tempered with.

Maybe there is a specific setting for different clock or voltage and it wont see the changes properly. Or there was some OC'ng done.

By resetting it goes to the default setting and it might detect the correct setting.

If that will not fixed that, there are other things to do. I start with this one.